16 guys for the saints to look at! (1 Viewer)

tophergillock

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Their are 16 guys here just in case injury makes one slip out of the first round. I would love any one of these guys and I imagine 5 or 6 of them being there when we pick.

OL-Luke Joeckel
Eric Fisher
Chance Warmack
All are locks to be great in the NFL. Warmack might be the best in the draft.

DE- Mingo
Bjorn Werner
Ziggy Ansah
Dion Jordan
I would really love anyone of these guys.

DT- Sharrif Flyod
Star Lotulelei (depending on condition)
If everything with Star comes back alright and he falls...would love to have him.

ILB- Arthur Brown
I don't think ILB is a crucial position, but this guy can flat out play.

OLB- Jarvis Jones
Love his playmaking ability, not sure about his fundamentals.

CB- Dee Millner
Xavier Rhodes
Two really good future corners in the NFL.

S- Kenny Vaccaro
Could be the best and safest denfensive guy in the draft.

WR- Cordarelle Patterson
Tavon Austin
Neither of these guys would be a bad pick at 15. Our receivers are often banged up and these are two guys who could instantly put even more points on the board.

Justifing the Offensive Picks: Our D will be better (due to scheme and coaching) and we have SP back to light the fires under our defensive guys. I honestly thin we will clear up some cap room and sign a couple key defensive vets.

Good post, TG.

Saints' priorities are:

1. Getting UNDER the cap limit (...the lower, the better)!

2. Targeting key free agents (veterans) to come to join the Saints' organization. This is key, because the Front Office and Coach Payton have done a great job in convincing visiting players that the Saints are a top-notch franchise.

3. Once key free agent acquisitions are made, the Saints will then concentrate on the BPA ("best player available") on draft day. If they see a cluster of targeted players below their scheduled time to pick, they'll likely TRADE DOWN to pick up more choices.

4. There are very few franchises that have done better than the Saints in UDFA's ("UnDrafted Free Agents"), and I expect more of the same in 2013.

There's a lot of time (rumors, half-truths, over-the-top articles of speculation, etc.) between now and draft day. Buckle your seat belt, and don't believe anything unless the Mods confirm it's true right here at SSF.

Once draft day gets here, grab your popcorn and a brewski. :munch: The Saints are about to go marching back into the postseason.

:gosaints:

Arthur Brown is as instinctive as I've seen. It's amazing how well he sheds blocks at his size.

I'm all for drafting Tavon Austin if nothing special is there. This guy .... is special.

Having Jarvis Jones there at 15 would be awesomeness and we'd HAVE to select him.

Their are 16 guys here just in case injury makes one slip out of the first round. I would love any one of these guys and I imagine 5 or 6 of them being there when we pick.

OL-Luke Joeckel
Eric Fisher
Chance Warmack
All are locks to be great in the NFL. Warmack might be the best in the draft.

DE- Mingo
Bjorn Werner
Ziggy Ansah
Dion Jordan
I would really love anyone of these guys.

DT- Sharrif Flyod
Star Lotulelei (depending on condition)
If everything with Star comes back alright and he falls...would love to have him.

ILB- Arthur Brown
I don't think ILB is a crucial position, but this guy can flat out play.

OLB- Jarvis Jones
Love his playmaking ability, not sure about his fundamentals.

CB- Dee Millner
Xavier Rhodes
Two really good future corners in the NFL.

S- Kenny Vaccaro
Could be the best and safest denfensive guy in the draft.

WR- Cordarelle Patterson
Tavon Austin
Neither of these guys would be a bad pick at 15. Our receivers are often banged up and these are two guys who could instantly put even more points on the board.

Justifing the Offensive Picks: Our D will be better (due to scheme and coaching) and we have SP back to light the fires under our defensive guys. I honestly thin we will clear up some cap room and sign a couple key defensive vets.

On this list- I think that only Auther Brown will be there when the Saints pick

On this list- I think that only Auther Brown will be there when the Saints pick

Don't be surprised if Jarvis Jones slides down to mid-first round.

If that happens... it will get interesting. This article goes into greater detail on his neck injury:

There have been reports of Jones being yanked off some team's draft boards because of his medical condition, but that shouldn't be much of a surprise given the potential severity of the issue. While the stenosis isn't going to take Jones off the field in the first 2-3 years of his career, it could very likely limit the length of his career like it did former left tackle Marcus McNeil, who was forced to retire after his sixth NFL season because of the issues with spinal stenosis.

2013 NFL Draft: Jarvis Jones neck injury will split his stock - Big Cat Country

He's such a good play that if he falls to us, even with the uncertainty of his neck, we may swipe him off the board.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V9UWiKrUQCU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wouldn't break my heart if that happened! :evilgrin:

:gosaints:

1. Joeckel, Fisher and Warmack will all be gone.
2. Shariff Floyd is a 4-3 DT, plus he'll probably be gone.
3. Dee Milliner would be amazing, but he's going top 10.
4. Vaccaro, Brown, and one or two of the pass rushers may drop, but I'd love to have any of them. Brown may be a bit of a reach from where I've seen him ranked among the experts and what not.

1. Joeckel, Fisher and Warmack will all be gone.
2. Shariff Floyd is a 4-3 DT, plus he'll probably be gone.
3. Dee Milliner would be amazing, but he's going top 10.
4. Vaccaro, Brown, and one or two of the pass rushers may drop, but I'd love to have any of them. Brown may be a bit of a reach from where I've seen him ranked among the experts and what not.

The only reason brown is projected lower is the lack of importance at the ILB position compared to other positions, and he is a little short for the position. As far as playmaking ability, might be one of the better guys. Tough, can tackle well(which this team needs), and plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Nobody is talking about Brown he is completely under the radar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom