17 out, wow!!! (1 Viewer)

I'm pretty sure I heard the announcers in yesterday's game say the Bucs have placed 19 on IR. So before anyone believes our accomplishments (overcoming injuries) are greater than other teams, or that next year we will have less injuries, lets find out what the league average is.

I'm pretty sure I heard the announcers in yesterday's game say the Bucs have placed 19 on IR. So before anyone believes our accomplishments (overcoming injuries) are greater than other teams, or that next year we will have less injuries, lets find out what the league average is.

I agree, what is the league average? What is the Saints average? Injuries happen every season. It would be nice to know what was a bad year.

Perhaps the Virginia training camp helps us as the season progresses, but we have to find a way to start better. The team definitely looks much better now than at the beginning of the season, which doesn't make sense considering that most of starters are now hurt. The only addition is Rankins. Is it possible that we're that much better with Rankins?

Don't forget Ellerbe.

He missed most of the season. But he makes plays when he's on the field.

He's an Ellerbeast.

Here are a few to compare. Too lazy to look at the rest.

Falcons 9Bucs 11Panthers 12
Patriots 5Cowgirls 8Raiders 9 (doesnt inculde Carr)
Browns 16Jets 17Steelers 13

but how many were in cap hell like us and therefor had to have lesser talented or sometimes total lack of depth.

1. Breaux, Delvin CB Placed on IR - shoulder 12/23
  2. Anthony, Stephone LB Placed on IR - knee 12/20
  3. Armstead, Terron T Placed on IR - knee, quadriceps 12/14
  4. Hill, Josh TE Placed on IR - broken right fibula 12/9
  5. Harris, Erik S Placed on IR - torn ACL 10/13
  6. Gwacham, Obum DE Placed on IR - undisclosed 9/28
  7. Williams, P.J. CB Placed on IR - concussion 9/21
  8. Rankins, Sheldon DT Placed on IR - broken left fibula 9/5 (later activated off IR)
  9. Hoomanawanui, Michael TE Placed on IR - left leg 9/3
  10. Pruitt, Jimmy CB Placed on IR - torn patellar tendon 8/31
  11. Swann, Damian CB Placed on IR - undisclosed 8/31
  12. Pettway, D.J. DE Placed on IR - undisclosed 8/7
  13. Darby, Alden S Placed on IR - undisclosed 8/4
  14. Carter, Tony CB Placed on IR - undisclosed 7/29
  15. Wilson, Kyle CB Placed on IR - torn labrum 6/24
  16. Sanford, Jamarca S Placed on IR - undisclosed 6/18
  17. Edit - Hau'oli Kikaha DE/LB Placed on IR - ACL 6/15

Who am I missing? If we are including players that went on IR and subsequently released, there would be a few more, like Laurinaitus for example.. Quite a list, either way.

To me, Keenan Lewis is another Injury that should count, although he was eventually cut. Had he been able to get healthy I am not so sure that would have happened. Then again... Not sure how deep his rift with Allen goes.

8. Rankins, Sheldon DT Placed on IR - broken left fibula 9/5 (later activated off IR)
Who am I missing? If we are including players that went on IR and subsequently released, there would be a few more, like Laurinaitus for example.. Quite a list, either way.

To me, Keenan Lewis is another Injury that should count, although he was eventually cut. Had he been able to get healthy I am not so sure that would have happened. Then again... Not sure how deep his rift with Allen goes.

That's 6 CBs placed on IR. 7 if you count Keenan Lewis. Unreal. I don't care what team you have.... with 6 secondary players on IR, you're lucky if you're getting close to .500. Yet we are almost knocking on that door. We just got hit by the injury bug hard this year.

That's 6 CBs placed on IR. 7 if you count Keenan Lewis. Unreal. I don't care what team you have.... with 6 secondary players on IR, you're lucky if you're getting close to .500. Yet we are almost knocking on that door. We just got hit by the injury bug hard this year.

And read it chronologically as well. DB, DB, DB, DB, DE, DB, DB, etc.

The fact is, that the Saints went the vast majority of their season without any of their top 3 CB's. Think about that for a minute. Then add in that their LT was hurt the entire year, their best 3tech missed half the year, and their best LB missed half the year.

The Hau-witzer......Kikaha.

fh-77b_sdyfgthd002.jpg

The fact is, that the Saints went the vast majority of their season without any of their top 3 CB's.

All true. I think that it was even worse than that for the CBs. The depth chart at the start of preseason was something like: Lewis, Breaux, Wilson, Williams, Swann.

I've been thinking back to that great 09 Patriots game. Greer and Porter were out, and it didn't look good for the Saints going in. McKenzie and McAlister were brought in pretty much off the street, and the patchwork defensive backfield held up well. In 2016, the *entire year* has been like that game or two in Nov 09. Truly remarkable job by the defensive staff and players to keep it together this season.

All true. I think that it was even worse than that for the CBs. The depth chart at the start of preseason was something like: Lewis, Breaux, Wilson, Williams, Swann.

I've been thinking back to that great 09 Patriots game. Greer and Porter were out, and it didn't look good for the Saints going in. McKenzie and McAlister were brought in pretty much off the street, and the patchwork defensive backfield held up well. In 2016, the *entire year* has been like that game or two in Nov 09. Truly remarkable job by the defensive staff and players to keep it together this season.

all to have mcmahon's "special" teams unit sabotage us.

I think the 17 for this list in the OP includes Vaccaro because of his suspension.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom