$1700 Gift Cert for BestBuy (1 Viewer)

my buddy lives in Walker gets the OTA and its great. I can't get em in Madisonville, even with "souped up" rabbit ears. Nice to watch the Saints on Fox in HD, wish I could.

have you tried the bigger outdoor antenna's? I intalled one from radio shack for a friend in covington and he can pick up all the hd signals out of new orleans. we put it in his attic as did i in my house so no one could see it.

yeah, the HD channels are unreal. are you looking at them through directv or from an over the air antenna? OTA is even better.

I doubt you're gonna see much difference with the HDMI

Looking at them over DirecTV. I don't have an antenna set up. I do have a set of set top rabbit ears that I have on hand in case I lose SAT signal for extended period (never used). The box says they are HD compatible. I was thinking of connecting them to the SAT box for the Super Bowl. We are having a get-together that night.

I like the fact that the HDMI cables handle both video and audio. Linda has an aesthetic hatred of cords. 2 cords (SAT and DVD) versus 10 will nurture marital bliss.

Last edited:
have you tried the bigger outdoor antenna's? I intalled one from radio shack for a friend in covington and he can pick up all the hd signals out of new orleans. we put it in his attic as did i in my house so no one could see it.

I put one up in my attic in Mandeville. Generally,it will work to get channel 8, but it is somewhat unreliable. Since I get CBS and ABC hi def on cable, I generally never use the antenna because it is too much of pain to switch back and forth. However, if you are determined to get acceptable hi def for channel 8 in Madisonville, it is, for the most part, possibile. The radio shack website should address what you need. I believe hi def is the same as UHF for antennas, so you can get the best rated UHF antenna if that's all you want, which isn't as big as the VHF/UHF combo. The large UHF antenna worked better than the smaller amplified models you see. If it was on my roof, instead of attic, it would work better. We also have a lot trees in our neighborhood.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom