18 Regular Season Game and 2 Preseason Games (1 Viewer)

Are you a fan of the proposed 18 game schedule with only 2 preseason games?

• Yes - unconditionally

Votes: 21 14.1%
  • No way

Votes: 57 38.3%
  • Yes, but only with 16 games played per player

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Yes, but only if they also add roster spots

Votes: 59 39.6%
  • I love preseason games too much to deal with losing any of those beloved games.

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

draftfreak

Dreamer of Dreams
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am curious as to how many people support the move to an 18 game regular season, and how many people are opposed. Also, what do you think of the idea of no player being able to play in more than 16 games?

The players union will have a lot to say about doing anything that puts more wear & tear on their body. Perhaps a larger roster could be a good compromise to making the 18 game season a reality. As a fan it’s a no brainer that I would rather see two more games that count. But I wouldn’t be too upset if it stays just the way that it is now.

No.

It sounds great in the summer when we are starved for football, but by week 14-15, I'm either ready for the season to end because we suck or I'm ready for it to end because I'm ready for the playoffs. Injuries are already a big enough problem, much less adding two more games.

Telling a team they have to sit their best players for at least 2 games sounds awful as well and wouldn't work with the current roster sizes.

I’m going with a write-in vote for: “I Don’t Care”

I’m not trying to be a jerk, and I understand the question and the poll, but I really don’t care... What will be will be.

Tough one for me. Would I selfishly love to have two more meaningful games of football, while removing a couple of those boring preseason matches? Heck yes. Allowing only 16 per games per player sounds intriguing in theory, but that seems like it would be tough to organize and decide when you'd sit out each player. Like, there's no way we'd rest Brees or Lattimore the week of playing against Brady or Rodgers. And it would be a pain to remember and keep up with who's not playing from week to week. In theory, I kind of see how it could work. Should it happen? Maybe, maybe not. Like someone else said, no matter what I think, what will be will be, regardless.

Not a big fan of 18 game season, but don’t really need 4 preseason games either. If one really cared about player safety, add a 2nd bye week. Will keep players fresh = healthy palyer = better “product”. It really doesn’t have to be that hard.

Pretty much guaranteed the end result will add to the bottom line of profit for the league, no matter how they finagle it. Just like always.

I think that the 4 pre-season games are very useful for the coaches to evaluate low roster players. Many wouldn't even get a serious look until the last game. Any shortage of games will adversely affect the possible employment of 100's of players! The offseason, OTA, mandatory camps & training camps, have already been shortened & weakened to the point that players & coaches are complaining about lack of time to install scheme, teach positional techniques & conditioning.

Goodells offer is 18 games w/players only allowed to dress in 16. Does that sound like a solution acceptable to ANYBODY but the owners? Would you rather watch agame where the players are busting butt to make the roster or a game that counts w/out Brees as QB?
Just another example of that fool on the hill!

Regardless of the outcome there NEEDS to be an expansion of the roster & game day activity. An exemption for 4 ST players would be a good start. Every team NEEDS a roster spot for K,P,LS,R, there is NO competetive advantage gained or lost. Bringing the roster to 57 & allowing all to dress on gameday would be able to get more effective play from the entire roster & emphasize the depth of the roster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom