1899 - new TV show from the creators of Dark (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
well if they can somehow follow DARK, im on board.

Still is one of my top 3 series ive ever watched. I was absolutely captivated.

Thank you!!
Does the year 1917 mean anything to you, other then it was a non-stop, heart-racing, sad, hellish view of daily life, drudgery, imminent, ever-present chances of death in WWI all encapsulated in a near-two hour movie. And may I say, it contained one memorable important cameo appearance from Benedict Cumberbatch.

For minute I was like hold up, is this Dark??

Very excited about this one, after the mind-whoop that was Dark.

I've watched the first episode and a bit of the second. Oh boy, this is going to be good.

If you liked Dark, you'll like 1899. It's "WTH?" after "WTH?" after "WTH?" until basically the last episode where everything is explained, and a big reveal at the very end of the last episode.

I don't know if you played the games, but watching Dark then watching 1899 is like playing System Shock, then playing Bioshock. It's different, but the same.

I just finished episode 4. Loving it and trying to savor it a bit rather than just devouring it all at once.

Dark is probably up there with Breaking Bad in my top spot of all time.

Im halfway through 1899, and somehow theyve followed up Dark with something equally addictive, atmospheric and clever.

If you liked Dark, you'll like 1899. It's "WTH?" after "WTH?" after "WTH?" until basically the last episode where everything is explained, and a big reveal at the very end of the last episode.

I don't know if you played the games, but watching Dark then watching 1899 is like playing System Shock, then playing Bioshock. It's different, but the same.
This has me pretty interested now.

Should I watch Dark before this one?
As far as I can tell, there's no real overlap between the two shows, so you could watch either one first. Dark does have multiple seasons, whereas 1899 is just in its first.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom