19 yr old female medic from Texas wins Silver Star in Afghanistan... (1 Viewer)

purvis_guy

Victim of Laughing Chance
Reaction score
CAMP SALERNO, Afghanistan - A 19-year-old medic from Texas will become the first woman in Afghanistan and only the second female soldier since World War II to receive the Silver Star, the nation's third-highest medal for valor.

Army Spc. Monica Lin Brown saved the lives of fellow soldiers after a roadside bomb tore through a convoy of Humvees in the eastern Paktia province in April 2007, the military said.

After the explosion, which wounded five soldiers in her unit, Brown ran through insurgent gunfire and used her body to shield wounded comrades as mortars fell less than 100 yards away, the military said.
Read More about this heroine here:
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-afghan-silver-star,0,1421600.story

Wow, that's an incredible story. I'll think about that next week when I'm ****** off at my boss for something petty and stupid. I can't imagine the bravery of our men and women serving in the forces.

i was in the military for 8 years and some of the best people on and off duty i ever met were medics.

Medics rule. I'm proud of our forces, and all 1st responders assisting when and wherever needed. I happened to see the prospect of one shielding others with their body from an explosion substantiated on Mythbusters.

Let's bring our heroes home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom