1917 (1 Viewer)

Actually he did get there late, though the second wave hadn't attacked yet, so mission was only a partial success.

Were you absolutely certain he was going to get there in time? Or the Colonel wouldn't just tell him to fork off? Or that Lt. Blake would still be alive? So I think there was some suspense built up to the final scenes. Thats why i said good but not great.

The first wave was called back... But I don't wanna debate scene by scene..

Were you absolutely certain he was going to get there in time? - Pretty Much yes
Or the Colonel wouldn't just tell him to fork off? - Would have made a better movie if the Colonel Had of done just that.
Or that Lt. Blake would still be alive? - Knew he would be.

But what else... Caught a ride in a truck... Stuck in the mud. Help push it out.. Bridge destroyed... Meet a girl and baby.. Enemy shoots at him when he finally finds the enemy... Nothing really unpredictable or exciting there.

Seems the movie went an hour and I was like.. Where is the enemy.. I could not figure at at the beginning if it was a war movie or a zombie apocalypse movie.

PLease.. I am not argue with you.. Just stating why I think the movie was flat... and predictable all the way. Even the Rat tripping the wire was predictable and I saw it coming.

Last edited:
I really like Fury, and this wasn’t Fury. I think Saving Private Ryan comes before Fury as the all time great, but to each their own.

If you want action like the final scene in Fury, or the first 30 min in SPR then this isn’t it. But the story was a good one IMHO. I waited on the sprint across the battlefield scene (the one from the ADs) and when it arrived, it was awesome.

A better WW1 story could be made, why it hasn’t yet is beyond me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom