1977 - Week 10 - Atl at NO (1 Viewer)

watts

@saintsinthe70s
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure who uploaded this video, or how long it will last, but this is a rare 70's TV telecast. Rare because there are only handful of Saints games from the era that I have seen available and rare because the Saints actually win.

A late Manning to Child's TD caps a 90 yard drive and the immortal Chuck Crist seals the victory with an interception. I'd have to go back and look but I think this was the last victory of the Hank Stram era, as well.

http://youtu.be/9fFOg3c4so8

You must have the same offseason hobby I do as it relates to sports -- watching old games on YouTube or wherever I can find them posted :)

I just watched this game this past weekend. What struck me was that every other Saints player's jersey was torn noticeably during the game, while the Falcons jerseys don't seem to wither so easily. Might have been going cheap with the uniforms since they were paying Stram so much :) As for the game, it's one of Archie's few comeback drives in the pros. Wins were few and far between in the '70s.

Last edited:
You must have the same offseason hobby I do as it relates to sports -- watching old games on YouTube or wherever I can find them posted :)

I just watched this game this past weekend. What struck me was that every other Saints player's jersey was torn noticeably during the game, while the Falcons jerseys don't seem to wither so easily. Might have been going cheap with the uniforms since they were paying Stram so much :) As for the game, it's one of Archie's few comeback drives in the pros. Wins were few and far between in the '70s.

As a Saints fan who grew up in Upstate New York, I just didn't have access to games of that era. I recall watching the Cowboys Monday Night game in 1973 and the infamous Raiders MNF game, so anything I can find is always interesting to me.

I noticed the same things about the jerseys:hihi: Did you also notice how short Rich Szaro's kicks where? The kickers today are so much more powerful...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom