1987 - Week 12 - NO at PIT (1 Viewer)

CDThe1

Classic Games
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From Nov. 29, 1987, the Saints travel to Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh riding a four game winning streak and a 7-3 record. They meet a 6-4 Steelers team looking to make their way into the playoffs.

Since the 1987 season was shortened by one game due to player's strike, a victory in this game would provide the Saints with their first ever winning season.

1st Half:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2s-WZAX3cig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2nd Half:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7D0UZzQIUYE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What great memories this game brings! Had some time off this week...so I checked out these newly-formatted classic games. I watched this one before watching the Dallas game from last year. It's really a struggle to watch the Mora-era offense after several years of Drew & Co. :) Mayes and Hilliard were a one-two punch that should have lasted longer but didn't b/c of Mayes' injuries. But still....the offense that was kinda pedestrian in those days looks downright primitive now :)

Great memories of this game also. The goal line stand. Damn, I wish we played defense like that today. It was fun to watch. Clinched first winning season in Saints history with this game.

Wow. Great memories !
I remember this game, our first winning season. I had forgotten how good Mayes was back then (he and Hilliard both).

Good stuff, good memories. The thing that stood out for me is how the whole team would just trot off on 4th and a couple of feet from the other teams 40 like the world would explode if you even thought about going for it before the 4th quarter and when Hank Stram described the Steelers Oline as cookie cutter 6'2/260, 260!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom