1989 - 49ers Vs Saints blown call video (1 Viewer)

i saw the game on tv. I can't count how many times i've seen the ref's of the rice era 49ers flagrantly call one sided games.

and who was that announcer who was making the case that you didn't not have to have two feet down. he was totaly wrong.

Everybody talks about how bad they hate New England. But my hatred will always fall to SF for reasons we saw in that video. Hatred,,,pure burning hatred for the niners.

ditto.

one the saving graces of the last 7 severn years has been watching the 49ers wallow in one lossing season after another. A 49ers lost, is almost as good as saints win...almost.

I will always enjoy Niner misery. Not least because of the NFL and its broadcast partners' omerta (I'm looking at you Chris Berman) concerning the fairly obvious implications of the many many dubious calls in favor of the "marquee franchise" 9ers and their owner's circumvention of the salary cap and gambling/racketeering convictions (misprision of felony).

"Nothing to see here" as Chief Wiggum would say.

i was at that game as a kid. i think my relatives secretly wanted me to hate the saints, because we lost every home game i went to as a kid. most of them were 49ers games too. i used to leave the dome crying, saying i hated them.

wow that is really messed up if it happens in today football all hell will break loose from ME

I didn't remember that both those plays were in the same game. Do you guys remember something called "IBM..you make the call" segment that would play before games? Well, the year after that game the Rice "No TD" was done, and the call was that it shouldn't have been a touchdown. I have since then called Jerry Rice ---minus ONE.

I HATE THE NINERS. Now, twice as much since the video showed the Taylor "no possession" touchdown.

I didn't remember that both those plays were in the same game. Do you guys remember something called "IBM..you make the call" segment that would play before games? Well, the year after that game the Rice "No TD" was done, and the call was that it shouldn't have been a touchdown. I have since then called Jerry Rice ---minus ONE.

I HATE THE NINERS. Now, twice as much since the video showed the Taylor "no possession" touchdown.

I remember that. I thought it was as a commercial break during the games where they had the "you make the call"? No matter though.

The deep hatred of the 49ers felt by most of us long time fans is something newer Saints fans don't understand. My son, 15, hates our current div. rivals but does not understand why I HATE with the greatest of Hatred the whiners, the Lambs (esp since we now live here), and the non divisional Eagles. When I explain myself I point straight to games just like this. How many remember Flippers great day? Still a record I think, and in the same season as this one posted. I enjoyed the "cinderella" story that was K. Warner, but could never get past that team.
And how many remember the playoff meltdown against the @#$%^& Eagles?
I do believe however "reparations" could be made and the road to forgiveness started. The 49ers give us P. Willis (he's going to be a love-hate guy) AND admit that their entire org. is really founded on the most evil and diabolical schemes bent on world corruption and the eventual demise of all mankind.
The Rams don't have to pay as heavy. I mean hell they did give us the fond memories and "playful" antics of Chris Everett, I mean Jim Everett. (Please don't taze me bro!) Their 1st rnd pick from this yr. will come close to healing some deep, deep wounds. They too of course must admit their ties to all the aforementioned atrocities etc..
As for the Eagles and the denial of our Dome Patrol getting us the Saintsnation a 1st playoff win. Damnation! They must submit to us for eternity loss after loss at the hands of Deuce! Plus I just really don't like Eagle fans.

Great find. This happened a LOT during the Montana era. This is exactly why ANYONE who argues against the red flag review doesn't know what they are talking about.

Anyone else remember Rice spiking the ball on the five yard line and it still being called a TD?

You are kidding right? lol

No....it actually happened. The Saints were playing the Niners at Candlestick. Rice caught a long pass ran down the middle, started to celebrate around the ten, then spiked the ball inside the five. The ref was running behind Rice held both arms up signaling touchdown. I'll never forget the commentators. One guy said "Was he across the goal line?" The other guy "It sure didn't look like it". And they both started laughing. I was boiling. What was a big joke to Niner butt smooching commentators wasn't funny to Saints fans. Of this was before instant replay and the Niners lined up and kicked the PAT. Watching that video brings back all that Niner hatred...... because of that I always want the Saints to pound the Niners every time they play. I will always loathe the chop blocking, salary cap circumventing, media golden boys.......

Well, we've owned their ***es for the past decade, so hopefully, that's a little consolation.

No, no it isn't. :cussing: :mad:

My loathing of the 9ers is right on par with my loathing of the Cowgurls. I am so happy that they have turned into a crappy franchise. I remember that game because I was 16 years old and we had a family gathering at my aunt and uncle's house. My uncle is a rabid Saints fan just like me and when that happened, he threw a chair through a freaking wall. Seems like yesterday. Ahhh, good memories......

God that was awful. But I did love the announcer when he says, "Well Taylor had the ball more than Rice did at the end of the 3rd quarter..."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom