1989 - 49ers Vs Saints blown call video (1 Viewer)

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QxdbB3sltLQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QxdbB3sltLQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Props to the youtube poster for throwing this up! I was at this game and Rice did lose control of the ball before he crossed the goal line...this call still irks me.

That's back in the day the 49ers got every call their way.

My father used to blame The New Orleans Mafia for calls like that!

I can remember another blown call....Jerry Rice made a juggling catch towards the back of the endzone for a td and he had one foot out of bounds...it was against the Saints in the Superdome. :(

It was more obvious than this one.....ughhhhhh.

I am still banned from Vinnies for throwning a barstool after ernie conwell was stripped while laying on his back a couple of years ago.

I think I remember a game vs SF (I believe a monday night game) where SF's kicker Cofer attempted a lead changing Field goal with less than a minute left and he kicked it above the upright and it was called good. Anyone else remember this?

Anyone else remember Rice spiking the ball on the five yard line and it still being called a TD?

Good, errrrr...........bad stuff.

Funny thing is, I missed a lot of those games back in the late 80s and early 90s because of weekend trips.

But I do remember the Ernie Conwell no fumble vs. the Rams in 05. :mad:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom