1st Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
This is my 1st Mock Draft this year. What do you guys make of it.

1) MIAMI- Jake Long ( Michigan )
2) ST. LOUIS- Chris Long ( Virginia)
3) ATLANTA- Glenn Dorsey (LSU)
4) OAKLAND- Vernon Gholston ( Ohio St.)
5) KANSAS CITY- Matt Ryan ( BC )
6) N.Y.JETS- Sedrick Ellis ( USC )
7) NEW ENGLAND- Leodis McKelvin ( Troy )
8) BALTIMORE- D.R. Cromartie ( Tenn. St.)
9) CINCINNATI- Derrick Harvey ( Florida )
10) NEW ORLEANS- Keith Rivers ( USC )
11) BUFFALO- Malcom Kelly ( Oklahoma )
12) DENVER- Ryan Clady ( Boise St.)
13) CAROLINA-Darren McFadden ( Arkansas )
14) CHICAGO- Jeff Otah ( Pittsburgh )
15) DETROIT- Rashard Mendenhall (Illinois)
16) ARIZONA-Mike Jenkins ( South Florida )
17) MINNESOTA- Phillip Merling ( Clemson )
18) HOUSTON- Aquib Talib ( Kansas )
19) Philadelphia- Limas Sweed ( Texas )
20) TAMPA BAY- Devin Thomas ( Michigan St.)
21) WASHINTON- Kenny Phillips ( Miami )
22) DALLAS- Felix Jones ( Arkansas )
23) PITTSBURGH - Chris Williams ( Vanderbilt )
24) TENNESSEE- Desean Jackson ( California )
25) SEATTLE- Branden Flowers ( Va. Tech )
26) Jacksonville- Dustin Keller ( Purdue )
27) SAN DIEGO- Branden Albert ( Virginia )
28) DALLAS- Mario Manningham ( Michigan )
29) 49'ers- Gosder Cherilus ( BC )
30) GREEN BAY- Dan Connor ( Penn St. )
31) N.Y. GIANTS- Quentin Groves ( Auburn )

i make that august needs to come real soon bc all of these repetitive posts make this site really boring

if you think they are boring then don't read them

No way McFadfden Drops that far,

Ellis does not fit the jets scheme and they just traded for Kris Jenkins

Kelly just Booted himself out the first round.

Manningham isn't a first round choice

Albert won't fall that far.

Groves will be a 49er

Other than that it looks good

Ellis dont fit in NY and McFadden wont fall out of the top 10...probably the top 5! And I dont think J Long will be #1. Other than that looks decent...all I ever go to is 10 though...cause thats all I care about until we to our 2nd pick.

also, dont forget about Brohm. I know A LOT of other people dont have him in the 1st either, but you need to put him in their IMO. I think he'll go to BALT if Ryan is gone...maybe even if he aint. But he will be drafted by CHI, MINN, CAR, WASH or DET if not. Dont be surprised if he goes to the Jets....if Ryan, Mcfadden, Vernon and C Long are gone...they just might.

Ellis dont fit in NY and McFadden wont fall out of the top 10...probably the top 5! And I dont think J Long will be #1. Other than that looks decent...all I ever go to is 10 though...cause thats all I care about until we to our 2nd pick.

also, dont forget about Brohm. I know A LOT of other people dont have him in the 1st either, but you need to put him in their IMO. I think he'll go to BALT if Ryan is gone...maybe even if he aint. But he will be drafted by CHI, MINN, CAR, WASH or DET if not. Dont be surprised if he goes to the Jets....if Ryan, Mcfadden, Vernon and C Long are gone...they just might.

Dude are you serious? Brohm? he is not that good. No way is he worthy of a top 15 pick. Wash, Detriot, both don't need QB's.

If McFadden is there at 10 we need to be talking to the Cowboys about their 2 #1s. Of course, one would assume that Baltimore and Cincinatti had been talking to them as well. Nice mock. Plausible except for the McFadden freefall.

Mikeee

I am beginning to have a bad feeling that Rivers will be gone before we pick... If that happens I really really hope we can trade back. I think Jenkins can be had back in the teens and that's who I like...

McFadden will not fall past our selection. If that happens look for a trade or McFadden in Black and Gold.

Dude are you serious? Brohm? he is not that good. No way is he worthy of a top 15 pick. Wash, Detriot, both don't need QB's.

Dude...I am. And he is that good. Last year, he might have went #1 overall and definately in the top 5. This year he is slipping ONLY because his team sucked. I could have gained 100 yards against that D...they were terrible. I watched him play a bunch and I am basing my opinion on what I see. I think he will end up being the best QB in this draft. I would love for you to explain how you come to the conclusion that he not that good. Could it be the football media making you think so? You cant believe everything you read or hear. Go watch some film then tell me he is not that good.

I am beginning to have a bad feeling that Rivers will be gone before we pick... If that happens I really really hope we can trade back. I think Jenkins can be had back in the teens and that's who I like...

If Rivers, Ellis and Dorsey are gone, I think we should move back and gain a pick or two. Pickup Laws and Mayo.

Dude...I am. And he is that good. Last year, he might have went #1 overall and definately in the top 5. This year he is slipping ONLY because his team sucked. I could have gained 100 yards against that D...they were terrible. I watched him play a bunch and I am basing my opinion on what I see. I think he will end up being the best QB in this draft. I would love for you to explain how you come to the conclusion that he not that good. Could it be the football media making you think so? You cant believe everything you read or hear. Go watch some film then tell me he is not that good.

He might be better than I think, but to me, he looks like a product of the system. Just like all those Spurrier QBs who excelled in college only to bomb in the pros.

He might be better than I think, but to me, he looks like a product of the system. Just like all those Spurrier QBs who excelled in college only to bomb in the pros.

I hear ya... but IMO he isnt just a pruduct of a system he has everything you want in a QB: fast smart winner good arm strength. I watched a game last season where he was ike 3/3 200yds 3 TD. His stats are really off the charts. It really funny how he has fallen after this:

from kirwan: He returns to college and has a better completion percentage, 14 more touchdowns than his junior year and 1,000 more yards. His stock went down, which is hard to understand.

Heres Brohm:
Height: 6-3 Weight: 230
College stats: 33 starts, 12,775 yards, 71 TDs, 24 INT
Vital numbers: 4.61 40-yard dash, 4.55 short shuttle

and heres Ryan:
Height: 6-5 Weight: 228
College stats: 32 starts, 8,963 yards, 54 TDs, 34 INT
Vital numbers: 4.95 40-yard dash, 4.51 short shuttle

Ive watched both play a lot and Im more impressed with Brohm! Plus his stats and measureables are better too. Time will tell.

And let me add this. When I first saw Drew Brees play at Purdue, I knew right then he would be a great...I said he would be the next Montana...after watching ONE game. Everyone laughed at me when he sucked at SD the first year or two...and now look. Im not a pro scout or anything....but Im pretty good at grading QBs and RBs.

I hear ya... but IMO he isnt just a pruduct of a system he has everything you want in a QB: fast smart winner good arm strength. I watched a game last season where he was ike 3/3 200yds 3 TD. His stats are really off the charts. It really funny how he has fallen after this:

from kirwan: He returns to college and has a better completion percentage, 14 more touchdowns than his junior year and 1,000 more yards. His stock went down, which is hard to understand.

Heres Brohm:
Height: 6-3 Weight: 230
College stats: 33 starts, 12,775 yards, 71 TDs, 24 INT
Vital numbers: 4.61 40-yard dash, 4.55 short shuttle

and heres Ryan:
Height: 6-5 Weight: 228
College stats: 32 starts, 8,963 yards, 54 TDs, 34 INT
Vital numbers: 4.95 40-yard dash, 4.51 short shuttle

Ive watched both play a lot and Im more impressed with Brohm! Plus his stats and measureables are better too. Time will tell.

And let me add this. When I first saw Drew Brees play at Purdue, I knew right then he would be a great...I said he would be the next Montana...after watching ONE game. Everyone laughed at me when he sucked at SD the first year or two...and now look. Im not a pro scout or anything....but Im pretty good at grading QBs and RBs.

I think that the line between Ryan and Brohm is very small, however I think Brohm's stats are pumped up due to the type of offense Louisville runs. Brohm could be selected in the first round, but I think he'll end up in Tampa Bay, Atlanta (if they pass on Ryan), or Kansas City (2nd round).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom