Saints 1st post "Saints will continue to impress"! DREAMTEAM (1 Viewer)

Can the Saints win their next 7 games?

• Yes

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Good day, I'm new to the board so I will start out saying, the New Orleans Saints have a DREAMTEAM! The Saints had their dream team last year but we're hindered by the NFL's mercy. Now the Saints have a stronger DREAMTEAM that will win on their terms without being plagued again by the financial interest of the NFL. The results are unfolding!

(More later)... note dat cause it's WHO DAT!

Last edited:
Welcome!

I like your enthusiasm. Teams labeled dream teams usually crumble to the ground in the NFL. Every game is going to be a battle until Brees returns. There is no margin for error when you are hoping to win ugly every week. I’d say the likelihood of winning their next seven games is astronomically low. Even Brees struggled to put that many games together in a row.

Can we win the next 7? Absolutely. We ripped off ten straight last year. Will we? That's a whole different question. We will have to keep creating game plans that are specifically crafted to TB's strengths. One of those strengths he had in Minnesota was a good deep ball. I think we need to start taking more shots down the field. Of course, the OL has to give him time to throw the ball, but you can get rid of the ball on a go route in under three seconds since you're throwing to a spot on the field and relying on your receiver to make the play.

ETA: Having TQS back may be part of what makes this possible. We need his speed along with Ginn so it isn't telegraphed who any and every deep ball would be going to.

Welcome!

I like your enthusiasm. Teams labeled dream teams usually crumble to the ground in the NFL. Every game is going to be a battle until Brees returns. There is no margin for error when you are hoping to win ugly every week. I’d say the likelihood of winning their next seven games is astronomically low. Even Brees struggled to put that many games together in a row.
Welcome!

When we have a special teams & defense contributing big time it only aids the offense production.

Can we win the next 7? Absolutely. We ripped off ten straight last year. Will we? That's a whole different question. We will have to keep creating game plans that are specifically crafted to TB's strengths. One of those strengths he had in Minnesota was a good deep ball. I think we need to start taking more shots down the field. Of course, the OL has to give him time to throw the ball, but you can get rid of the ball on a go route in under three seconds since you're throwing to a spot on the field and relying on your receiver to make the play.

ETA: Having TQS back may be part of what makes this possible. We need his speed along with Ginn so it isn't telegraphed who any and every deep ball would be going to.
We will win against Tampa Bay because of the simple playbook Sean Payton will go with (check downs until touchdowns). On defense, get in J Winston head it's over. Saints frequently blitzing will do the job with a "Saints 2 coverage", (damn tampa 2 coverage)

The Saints offense will conservatively chip away 1st downs until scoring, then defense will stifle J Winston, Winston wanted bad to beat the Rams, his game will freeze vs New Orleans. Early and confident predictions Saints 34-17! WHO & DAT!

This is going to be a close game.

Blitzing... I don 't think there will be much blitzing by the Saints, for 2 reasons:

1/ Winston has feasted against the blitz this season.

2/ The Saints can get enough pressure with their front 4.

Will there be any blitzes? Of course. It just won't be too common.

Remember the two Superbowls between the Giants and Patriots? The Giants had no business winning either of those... but won because they could pressure Tom Brady with only their front 4, and didn't need to expose their secondary to extensive 1 on 1 coverage.

Blitzing... I don 't think there will be much blitzing by the Saints, for 2 reasons:

Remember the two Superbowls between the Giants and Patriots? The Giants had no business winning either of those... but won because they could pressure Tom Brady with only their front 4, and didn't need to expose their secondary to extensive 1 on 1 coverage.
Respect on your predictions. I think the Saints only lost in last years opener because they weren't ready for full meaningful game-day, everything prior is light contact - mid contact concluding the preseason. This is what hindered NO the past 5 years on opening day. This year broke that streak, the Saints will be ready for Tampa Bay this time, they've been acclimated to the NFL rough conditions. Just watch 1&2 downs with 10 to go with quick slate routes attempted by Winston. Hopefully NO can pull Davenport and Jordan a few times in coverage to close the slant-route out. Watch Winston go deep on his first 3 plays. If the Saints play small nickel with Jordan pulled. It will take away Winston's two best attributes - the long & short ball, either our Safeties or D Linemen has the best opportunity for a interception.

Respect on your predictions.

I think the Saints only lost in last years opener because they weren't ready for full meaningful game-day, everything prior is light contact - mid contact concluding the preseason. This is what hindered NO the past 5 years on opening day. This year broke that streak, the Saints will be ready for Tampa Bay this time, they've been acclimated to the NFL rough conditions. Just watch 1&2 downs with 10 to go with quick slate routes attempted by Winston. Hopefully NO can pull Davenport and Jordan a few times in coverage to close the slant-route out. Watch Winston go deep on one of his first 3 plays. If the Saints play small nickel with Jordan pulled, it will take away Winston's two best attributes - the long & short ball, either our Safeties or D Linemen has the best opportunity for a interception. Whodat, I said and stick to Saints score 34 for the win!

Good day, I'm new to the board so I will start out saying, the New Orleans Saints have a DREAMTEAM! The Saints had their dream team last year but we're hindered by the NFL's mercy. Now the Saints have a stronger DREAMTEAM that will win on their terms without being plagued again by the financial interest of the NFL. The results are unfolding!

(More later)... note dat cause it's WHO DAT!

I don't know about a dream team, but I believe we have the talent on this team to beat anyone we play. I believe if we keep playing mistake free football we can win the next 7 games. We need to step it up in all 3 three phases: Offense, Defense and Special Teams. I believe CSP will open the playbook a little more for Teddy B. as he gets more and more acclimated and used to the offense. You can see on game day TB still looks just a little uncomfortable back there.

I don't know about a dream team, but I believe we have the talent on this team to beat anyone we play. I believe if we keep playing mistake free football we can win the next 7 games. We need to step it up in all 3 three phases: Offense, Defense and Special Teams. I believe CSP will open the playbook a little more for Teddy B. as he gets more and more acclimated and used to the offense. You can see on game day TB still looks just a little uncomfortable back there.
Respect, I/we/us can call it whatever, just BRING THE RING!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom