4. Oakland Raiders: Vernon Gholston , Defensive End , Ohio State
5. Kansas City Chiefs: Sedrick Ellis , Defensive Tackle , Southern California
6. New York Jets: Darren McFadden , Halfback , Arkansas
7. New England Patriots [From San Fran]: , Leodis McKelvin , Cornerback , Troy
8. Baltimore Ravens: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie , Cornerback , Tennessee State
9. Cincinnati Bengals: Rashard Mendenhall , Halfback , Illinois

10. New Orleans Saints: Glenn Dorsey , Defensive Tackle , Louisiana State
t1_dorsey.jpg

Cincinnati shocks everyone and passes up on Glenn Dorsey due to the injury concerns brought up, but Saints decide to take the gamble. We need a big strong guy in the middle to wreak havoc, stop the run, and get at the QB, and Glenn Dorsey is just that. He will be a huge addition to the Saints' struggling defense and lackluster DT play

11. Buffalo Bills: Malcolm Kelly , WR , Oklahoma
12. Denver Broncos: Keith Rivers , Linebacker , Southern California
13. Carolina Panthers: Ryan Clady , Offensive Tackle , Boise State
14. Chicago Bears: Chris Williams , Offensive Tackle , Vanderbilt
15. Detroit Lions:
16. Arizona Cardinals: Jonathan Stewart , RB , Oregon
17. Minnesota Vikings: Mike Jenkins ,Cornerback , South Florida
18. Houston Texans: Aqib Talib , Cornerback , Kansas
19. Philadelphia Eagles: Desean Jackson , Wide Receiver , Cal
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Brian Brohm , Quarterback , Louisville
21. Washington Redskins: Derrick Harvey , DE , Florida
22. Dallas Cowboys (from Cle): Limas Sweed , WR , Texas
23. Pittsburgh Steelers: Branden Albert , G , Virginia
24. Tennessee Titans: James Hardy , WR , Indiana
25. Seattle Seahawks: Kentwan Balmer , Defensive Tackle , North Carolina
26. Jacksonville Jaguars: Branden Albert , Offensive Guard , Virginia
27. San Diego Chargers: Kenny Phillips , FS , Miami
28. Dallas Cowboys: Brandon Flowers , CB , Virginia Tech
29. San Francisco 49ers(From Indi): Quentin Groves , Outside Linebacker , Auburn
30. Green Bay Packers: Antoine Cason , CB , Arizona
31. New York Giants: Dan Connor, OLB , Penn State
32. New England Patriots: Forfeited

2nd Round: Quintin Demps , FS , UTEP
8560_256.jpg

Josh Bullocks is never where he needs to be when he needs to be there, there is no telling if it's the coverage we run or the fact that he is just bad. We need a playmaker at FS, and that is what Demps is.

3rd Round: Dustin Keller , TE , Purdue
Keller.jpg

Keller isn't an all-star blocker, but he can get the job done. He is a burner and a posession guy. Just what we need at TE

4th Round: Traded

5th Round: John Sullivan , C , Notre Dame
jsullivan.jpg

Come in and be a solid back up now that we lost Faine, and could start in later years.

6th Round: Adarius Bowman , WR , Oklahoma State
bowman_picture_-_class_notes.jpg

This guy is a raw athlete. A posession guy with speed to burn, and make the amazing catches.

7th Round: Richard Clebert, Defensive Tackle, South Florida
494132.jpg

Clebert will not be instant impact but he is worth a look.

6th Round: Adarius Bowman , WR , Oklahoma State
bowman_picture_-_class_notes.jpg

This guy is a raw athlete. A posession guy with speed to burn, and make the amazing catches.

I absolutely love the Adarius Bowman pick. If we had to pick a WR, it would be Bowman. He reminds me of Andre Johnson. But, it seems unlikely that he will drop to the 6th round. Taking him in the 4th round if he is still there would be a steal.

I absolutely love the Adarius Bowman pick. If we had to pick a WR, it would be Bowman. He reminds me of Andre Johnson. But, it seems unlikely that he will drop to the 6th round. Taking him in the 4th round if he is still there would be a steal.

Ahh, all the scouting profiles I read had him late 5th mid 6th, thanks for clearing that up

I was going to say the same thing, though I think it's possible we could see him the 5-6th because of some character concerns. He would be a good mid rounder.

And for the OP, love the draft. Would've liked to have grabbed a corner, but I don't think you can argue with those picks too much. Good job.

If Bowman is there in the 3rd, the Saints should take him.

I was going to say the same thing, though I think it's possible we could see him the 5-6th because of some character concerns. He would be a good mid rounder.

And for the OP, love the draft. Would've liked to have grabbed a corner, but I don't think you can argue with those picks too much. Good job

Wow, I didn't even realise I left out corner. :covri:

Excellent mock, I would love for it to happen that way. You don't address corner though, but I'm sure Payton will get lucky and find a great corner in UDFA.

If you think we will get Dorsey at 10 you are out of it. he will be gone EARLIER

If you think we will get Dorsey at 10 you are out of it. he will be gone EARLIER

if you look at the way i think it will all play out (switch up the ryan/c. long/j. long picks to maybe MIA taking c. long/ATL matt ryan/STL getting j.long) Dorsey had been said his stock will fall due to injury concerns, etc

Could anyone else see NE taking LB Rivers at #8? I would think that is one of their pressing needs

I parrot everything said about Bowman, and the 6th round would be absolute shoplifting if he's still there (he won't) in a weak receiver class.

If the Saints get Dorsey, I'll probably poop my pants.

Otherwise, nice mock.......nice, well-thought out and intelligent post - thank you

Glenn Dorsey will not fall to the 10th pick of the draft

They already have Rudi and they need defense.

They already have Rudi and they need defense.

Rudi is getting old. They're going to play that rookie, Kenny Irons, they drafted last year who was injured.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom