1st Zion. then Jrue now................Favors (1 Viewer)

This is something I've been noticing with the Hornets/Pelicans as long as they've been in town:

Do all NBA teams sustain injuries at this rate? Do NBA teams ever get their five starters plus top few bench guys to all play at least 75-80 games apiece? Or are all teams losing major pieces for 30 games each season?

I mean, go back to Eric Gordon coming to town. Dude was never on the floor. Same for almost any notable player New Orleans ever gets. They used to say Gordon was sandbagging, and was actually healthy enough to play. Is that kind of stuff still going on?

They used to also say that the Hornets/Pelicans had a bad medical team, shared with the Saints, that was geared toward football injuries and could (somehow) not deal with basketball players. Is that still the case today?

This is something I've been noticing with the Hornets/Pelicans as long as they've been in town:

Do all NBA teams sustain injuries at this rate? Do NBA teams ever get their five starters plus top few bench guys to all play at least 75-80 games apiece? Or are all teams losing major pieces for 30 games each season?

I mean, go back to Eric Gordon coming to town. Dude was never on the floor. Same for almost any notable player New Orleans ever gets. They used to say Gordon was sandbagging, and was actually healthy enough to play. Is that kind of stuff still going on?

They used to also say that the Hornets/Pelicans had a bad medical team, shared with the Saints, that was geared toward football injuries and could (somehow) not deal with basketball players. Is that still the case today?
Bringing in Aaron Nelson was suppose to help with that. I know it's early but we've got to get rid of this bad energy with injuries.

Bringing in Aaron Nelson was suppose to help with that. I know it's early but we've got to get rid of this bad energy with injuries.
I think bringing in Nelson will help long term. The problem with the Hornets/Pelicans have been misdiagnosis of injuries and not letting or helping them heal properly. I wonder if Zion would have even had surgery if this was prior years. I think it's something that they would have let go and possibly caused it to get worse and become more of a long term issue. Same with Jrue and Favors. They are letting them heal instead of just telling them to deal with it.

I think bringing in Nelson will help long term. The problem with the Hornets/Pelicans have been misdiagnosis of injuries and not letting or helping them heal properly. I wonder if Zion would have even had surgery if this was prior years. I think it's something that they would have let go and possibly caused it to get worse and become more of a long term issue. Same with Jrue and Favors. They are letting them heal instead of just telling them to deal with it.
I'm curious if this is stemming from what happened in Summer League? Noticed that we didn't hear too much about it except that he "banged knees" with another player. Well, whenever I heard of someone banging knees it was never a good or minor thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom