2-25-08 (1 Viewer)

bil

Reaction score
saturady..Zach"It's a dream come true for a man from Pampa, Tex. and Texas Tech University," agent Drew Rosenhaus told Neal.

The Cowboys are the most recent team to meet with Thomas. He also had contract offers on the table from the New England Patriots and New Orleans Saints.

The reason Thomas is headed to Dallas is the Cowboys came with the best combination of solid contract offer plus the opportunity to make it to the Super Bowl. The Patriots, frankly, didn't offer a competitive deal to Thomas while New Orleans was in the ballpark, but its chances of competing for a Super Bowl are more uncertain
------------

http://www.myspace.com/citizencope

<TABLE cellSpacing=8 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=text vAlign=top align=left><TD noWrap width=80>Feb 28 (Thu) </TD><TD class=text width=180>House of Blues
White Swan Building
2200 N. Lamar St
Dallas, TX 75202
214-978-2583
All Ages
7pm Doors </TD><TD class=smalltext width=234></TD><TD noWrap align=right width=80><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=80 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltext vAlign=center noWrap align=left width=5 height=12>
bullet-star.gif
</TD><TD class=smalltext vAlign=center noWrap align=left height=12>Buy tickets</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smalltext vAlign=center noWrap align=left width=5 height=12>
bullet-star.gif
</TD><TD class=smalltext vAlign=center noWrap align=left height=12>Get map </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smalltext vAlign=center noWrap align=left height=12>
bullet-star.gif
</TD><TD class=smalltext vAlign=center noWrap align=left height=12>Print Flyer </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD background=images/div-horiz.gif>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=8 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=text vAlign=top align=left><TD noWrap width=80>Feb 29 (Fri) </TD><TD class=text width=180>Warehouse Live
813 Sr. Emanuel Street
Houston, TX 77003
713-225- 5483
All Ages
7pm Doors

<TABLE cellSpacing=8 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=text vAlign=top align=left><TD noWrap width=80>Mar 3 (Mon) </TD><TD class=text width=180>House of Blues
225 Decatur Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
504-310-4971
18 & Over
7pm Doors </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

new dolphin owner

friday
Translation: Huizenga will call the shots for now, but at some point, he will turn over the team to Ross who will then be able to exercise an option to buy the whole caboodle.

This from Huizenga in a statement: “I have always said that I wanted to bring in a partner, and I can’t think of anyone more appropriate than Steve. He has unbridled enthusiasm and I couldn’t feel better about the future than I do with Steve as my partner and Bill Parcells running football operations.”

From Ross: “Having grown up in South Florida, Dolphins football has been a lifetime passion for me. I am energized by this opportunity and look forward to being able to once again watch the Dolphins win a Super Bowl alongside all the other loyal Dolphin fans.”

The transaction requires the approval of the National Football League and that is almost certain to come as anything Huizenga recommends concerning his team typically gets approved.

The question is whether this sours Parcells at all. As long as Huizenga is in charge, there probably won't be a problem. But Parcells has a four-year contract and wanted assurances that Huizenga would be the only one he answered to during that tenure.

The questions now are does Huizenga hold onto the power of the team throughout those four years? Does Ross, as rightful part owner, exert say-so over Parcells? And does Parcells rethink his tenure in Miami based on the promises he got and what happened today?

javon walker

it doesn’t make much sense for the Bucs or anyone else to work a deal for Walker, because the likelihood is the Broncos will refuse to pay him the $5.4 million option bonus he’s due and he’ll soon become a free agent anyway.
Finally, there are a lot of receivers expected to come on the market next Friday when the free-agency signing period begins, including Bernard Berrian of the Bears, D.J. Hackett of the Seahawks and Donte’ Stallworth of the Patriots.
Anyone of them would be just as good a pickup, if not better, than Walker, who is probably the most talented of the group, but that knee injury he had was his second in three years.
One other thing to keep in mind is that the Bucs are looking primarily for speed. Walker fits the bill but maybe not as much as Stallworth, Hackett or Devery Henderson of the Saints.

Vikings wide receiver Troy Williamson has been given permission to seek a trade for himself.
Bucs are one of the eight or 10 teams with whom Williamson’s agent, David Canter, is talking.

But Williamson has struggled since entering the league, dropping a lot of very catchable balls and last year he caught just 18 passes for 240 yards in 11 games. That may make it easy to reach a deal.

Last edited:
cajun baseball

always ask and don't know.. so tell us your thoughts of the 4 game tourney..

40 K's on O.. 14 k'sn looking

gave up 3 runs ..
how the hitting.. happy?
pitching? loss 1 game giving up one hit?
how many players traveled/played
what is it about the 5th inning.. always hear theat's when momentum can change.. kinda like half-time in fb?

I can't believe Walker went from being the toast of Dever to being, well toast.

I can't believe Walker went from being the toast of Dever to being, well toast.

really, but two knee injuries in 3 years and twice in 3 years (two teams) the.. "i want out of here" spill.. can cause a leaning to the other side of the toast? smiles

i am guessing devery ends up in tampa..

can the saints handle donte "the sequel" ?

snote 1st stop in the tour (big smiles)

Warehouse Live
813 Sr. Emanuel Street
Houston, TX 77003
713-225- 5483
All Ages
7pm Doors

really, but two knee injuries in 3 years and twice in 3 years (two teams) the.. "i want out of here" spill.. can cause a leaning to the other side of the toast? smiles

i am guessing devery ends up in tampa..

can the saints handle donte "the sequel" ?

He aint no Gallowway that is for sure. I had no idea that Walker had 2 knee scopes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom