2 HS students from NOLA shake up the world of math in a huge way... (2 Viewers)

Most impressive, the future is bright for these 2 young women...

I hears this earlier on WWL. The pythagorem theorm is not really advanced mathematics. It's simple algebra.
I've got friends that work offshore. Building a level wall on a floating platform is impossible with a common
level. You measure the foot at 6 feet and the heigth of the door at 8 ft. 6 squared = 36. 8 squared =64.
36+ 64 =100 The square root of 100 is 10. The stabilizing cross member has to be 10 feet.

The above said, proving it scientifically make me tip my cap to these young women

They say they have proof but haven't actually submitted a paper yet.

The Guardian goes into more detail. It looks like they are basing it on the Law of Sines somehow.

And the ones that didn't admit them are probably slapping themselves right now.

Math is the only subject this is not culturally biased. Spoken so well by Laurence Fishburn in Boys in the Hood

I hears this earlier on WWL. The pythagorem theorm is not really advanced mathematics. It's simple algebra.
I've got friends that work offshore. Building a level wall on a floating platform is impossible with a common
level. You measure the foot at 6 feet and the heigth of the door at 8 ft. 6 squared = 36. 8 squared =64.
36+ 64 =100 The square root of 100 is 10. The stabilizing cross member has to be 10 feet.

The above said, proving it scientifically make me tip my cap to these young women
It’s not algebra. It’s geometry.

Pythagoras came up with the theorm 2000 years ago. Since then it has been proven correct by using abstraction. These 2 young women were able to prove it using trigonometry. Something no one has been able to do in 2000 years.

Pythagoras came up with the theorm 2000 years ago. Since then it has been proven correct by using abstraction. These 2 young women were able to prove it using trigonometry. Something no one has been able to do in 2000 years.
Amen Bro. I starting struggling at calc 2. I'm not bragging, but i',m pretty good in math. Trig is a breeze.
These young girls are heroes in my humble opinion

Calc 2 and above is Eienstien and above in inteligence level. I've never claimed will I be there. I will claim Math
is the true test of a persons IQ

Last edited:
Amen Bro. I starting struggling at calc 2. I'm not bragging, but i',m pretty good in math. Trig is a breeze.
These young girls are heroes in my humble opinion

Calc 2 and above is Eienstien and above in inteligence level. I've never claimed will I be there. I will claim Math
is the true test of a persons IQ

Pfft. Calc 2 isn't even the beginning. Things get really weird when you start getting into satellite math and Fourier transforms and such.

/math degree

Pfft. Calc 2 isn't even the beginning. Things get really weird when you start getting into satellite math and Fourier transforms and such.

/math degree
I had to take abstract math for comp sci. To this day I don't know what I learned and I finished near the top of those classes. I later learned about Ramanujan and his equations, just looking at them gave me a headache

I had to take abstract math for comp sci. To this day I don't know what I learned and I finished near the top of those classes. I later learned about Ramanujan and his equations, just looking at them gave me a headache
I remember damn near revolting when UNO wouldn't let me take calculus (took it in high school; 31 math ACT)... These days I don't even remember my days in college algebra. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom