2 NFC South QB's have won MVP's...neither of them are named Drew Brees... (1 Viewer)

metalreb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is the single biggest travesty in the history of sports...

Not really when you analyze the years they did win their MVPs.

There was no other candidates in 2015 and 2016 who were going to get it besides Newton and Ryan.

this is probably going to be his best chance. mahomes is going to finish with a crazy stat line. gonna be a tight finish.

7-9 a few years while the most recent QB's had good years going to the Superbowl

Drew Brees is the ONLY NFCS QB (in history) to have won SB MVP. :worthy:

IIRC, Brooks (LB) won SB MVP for the Bucs in their SB 2002.

:gosaints:
It was actually Dexter Jackson that won SB MVP for Tampa Bay. It certainly wasn't going to be their QB...

This fact is one of the reasons why I don't care if Brees wins the award. It's a sham of an award. It means nothing.

Was Dexter Jackson a 1-yr wonder?

:gosaints:
Pretty much. Had the game of his life in the super bowl (honestly that entire defense was rolling). Wasn’t with the Bucs after that though, fizzled out a few years later

I’m with you, but the MVP means more to our fans for Drew’s legacy I guess, probably like an extremely close second to another SB.

I want him to win MVP because he deserves it and it would help legitimize the award by having someone worthy of it take it home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom