2 questions about the schemes... (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello Mike, hope everything is going well.

I have two questions concerning the saints' schemes, both at offense and defense, I am sure your football knowledge will help me understand why these are not happening:

1) First on offense, should Jahri Evans be playing left guard instead of playing on the right side? It is normal than all teams have a stronger side of the line. During Sean Alexander's break-out season he ran mostly to the Jones-Hutchinson side. Adrian Peterson is doing the same with the vikings, and if I am not mistaken, the same case is found in San Diego.

Evans is our best guard by far. I wonder if we would have more success in the running game if we put Evans and Brown on the same side. I would like to know how much this would affect pass protection.

2) Second question is about defense. There is a huge difference in the quality of our first corner, McKenzie, and any other of the cornerbacks. Since most of the opposing teams have a clear cut #1 receiver, why McKenzie is not being assigned to cover the best receiver. We are playing mostly man-coverage, and also by the way our safeties play, I don't think there would be a huge difference in the change of assignements.

Thanks as always, FrozenGuillermo....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom