2 Round Mock Draft. (1 Viewer)

For the record, I'm not sure that Pollack is my favourite pick at that spot either.
But when you factor in that we don't really have any "established" player at the position, that Pollack is the ONLY concensus first day pick at the position, and that we have shown interest in him, it seemed like there was a good chance that was the pick, considering the board at the time.

Actually...

If you trade from 10 to 7 and we swap 3rd round picks with the Pats, it would be equal.

Actually...

If you trade from 10 to 7 and we swap 3rd round picks with the Pats, it would be equal.
Not according to the trade value chart I was looking at.

NFL Draft Countdown - Trade Value Chart

The 3rd round pick wasn't exactly equal, according to the chart the Pats would have to give us a late round pick as well to balance things out, but I wasn't too concerned with that as this was only a 2 round mock.

That said, apparently a lot of teams no longer consider the trade value chart even valid anymore, so who knows what we would actually need to send to the Pats to make that trade.

Ahhh, it actually turned out to be #8 that would be equal and not #7.

Still, I really want us to keep our picks as much as we can....get some young guys on D.

Don't think we should pass on Sam Baker, Fred Davis or Brandon Flowers for Pollack.
It could happen but he wouldn't be starting immediately bar a great showing in camp and we could still get a competitor to start in the 5th or 6th.

I agree. Plus, I think we've solidified the OC position enough with Goodwin and the acquisition of Matt Lehr. I don't see him as the BPA, grabbing one of those said players would represent more value for us.

I think the trade with NE will happen if either of the DT's is available. If it doesn't, I'm gonna hurl. I agree with most and would then rather go CB in the 2nd, but, who knows. Will Strief get a shot at RT? Is Goody a player or career backup? Is the FO happy with Shanle as Morgan's insurance or do they want to draft an OLB? Is Deuce healthy? Is MM healthy? Is Meach really up to speed? And do we really need a TE or just kinda want one? The draft will answer almost all of these.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom