2 Round Mock Draft. (1 Viewer)

NewGold

Reaction score
1st Round

# - Team - Player - piece of work - School
1 - Miami - Chris Long - DE - Virginia

2 - St. Louis - Vernon Gholston - DE - Ohio St.

3 - Atlanta - Jake Long - OT - Michigan

4 - Oakland - Glenn Dorsey - DT - LSU

5 - Kansas City - Matt Ryan - QB - BC

6 - New York Jets - Darren McFadden - RB - Arkansas

7 - New Orleans (from New England) - Sedrick Ellis - DT - USC

8 - Baltimore - Leodis McKelvin - CB - Troy

9 - Cincinnati - Keith Rivers - LB - USC

10 - New England (from New Orleans) - Mike Jenkins - CB - USF

11 - Buffalo - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - CB - TSU

12 - Denver - Ryan Clady - OT - Boise St.

13 - Carolina - Rashard Mendenhall - RB - Illinois

14 - Chicago - Jeff Otah - OT - Pittsburgh

15 - Detroit - Derrick Harvey - DE - Florida

16 - Arizona - Chris Williams - OT - Vanderbilt

17 - Minnesota - Phillip Merling - DE - Clemson

18 - Washington (from Houston) - Limas Sweed - WR - Texas

19 - Philadelphia - DeSean Jackson - WR - Cal

20 - Tampa Bay - Aqib Talib - CB - Kansas

21 - Houston (from Washington) - Dan Conner - LB - Penn St.

22 - Dallas - Devin Thomas - WR - Mich St.

23 - Pittsburgh - Branden Albert - OG - Virginia

24 - Tennessee - Kentwan Balmer - DT - NC

25 - Kansas City (from Seattle) - Gosder Cherilus - OT - BC

26 - Jacksonville - Malcom Kelly - WR - Oklahoma

27 - San Diego - Kenny Phillips - FS - Miami

28 - Dallas - Jonathon Stewart - RB - Oregon

29 - San Francisco - Quentin Groves - DE - Auburn

30 - Green Bay - Reggie Smith - DB - Oklahoma

x - New England - N/A

31 - New York Giants - DaJuan Morgan - S - NC State

2nd Round

# - Team - Player - piece of work - School
32 - Miami - Brian Brohn - QB - Louisville

33 - St. Louis - Early Doucet - WR - LSU

34 - Atlanta - Joe Flacco - QB - Delaware

35 - Seattle (from Kansas City) - Pat Sims - DT - Auburn

36 - New York Jets - Jerod Mayo - LB - Tennessee

37 - Atlanta - Antoine Cason - CB - Arizona

38 - Baltimore - Chad Henne - QB - Michigan

39 - San Fransisco - Chilo Rachal - OG - USC

40 - New Orleans - Mike Pollack - C - Arizona

41 - Buffalo - Mario Manningham - WR - Michigan

42 - Denver - Earl Bennet - WR - Vanderbilt

43 - Carolina - Calais Campbell - DE - Miami

44 - Chicago - Andre Caldwell - WR - Forida

45 - Detroit - Matt Forte - RB - Tulane

46 - Cincinnati - Brandon Flowers - CB - VT

47 - Minnesota - Sam Baker - OT - USC

48 - Atlanta - Felix Jones - RB - Arkansas

49 - Philadelphia - Carl Nicks - OT - Nebraska

50 - Arizona - Lawrence Jackson - DE - USC

51 - Washington - Patrick Lee - CB - Auburn

52 - Tampa Bay - Lavelle Hawkins - WR - Cal

53 - Pittsburgh - Tracy Porter - CB - Indiana

54 - Tennessee - James Hardy - WR - Indiana

55 - Seattle - Chris Johnson - RB - E Carolina

56 - Green Bay - Fred Davis - TE - USC

57 - Miami - Curtis Lofton - LB - Oklahoma

58 - Jacksonville - Cliff Avril - DE - Purdue

59 - Indianapolis - Chevis Jackson - CB - LSU

60 - Green Bay - Erin Henderson - LB - Maryland

61 - Dallas - Justin King - CB - Penn St.

62 - New England - John Carlson - TE - ND

63 - New York Giants - Heath Benedict - OT - Newberry

Trade Explanation
New England - New Orleans - New England loves to trade back, and are willing to move with the 3 top corners all still on the board. Loomis has never been afraid to move up to get a player the team covets in the first round, and Ellis fits the bill. New Orleans would give up a third to move up from 10 to 7.

Houston - Washington - Philadelphia, picking right after Houston, has a huge need at WR. So does their division rival, Washington. With no player really standing out at this spot as a great fit for Houston, I think a Washington's fifth and either a player or a 2009 4th would be enough to entice Houston to drop from 18 to 21.

Seattle - Kansas City - There really doesn't seem to be a great fit for Seattle at this spot, while the best OT left on the board is not going to last until KC's early 2nd round pick. The teams swap picks, with KC throwing in their third to match their QB of the future (Ryan) with his college LT (Cherilus).

Other Notes/Explanations
- The Pollack pick would surprise some people, but I feel it has a good chance of happening for the following reasons.
First, Goodwin has never been a full-time starter and turns 30 this season. Second, Lehr who I think we brought in to back Goodwin, is not very good. We're his 5th team in 9 seasons. There is a reason for that. Third, Pollack is far and away the top center in this draft, and a legitimate good value at 40. And frouth, according to several draft sites, the Saints were showing interest in Pollack at the Senior Bowl. Don't be surprised if it happens.

- The media seems sure that Dallas is going to trade up for McFadden, or failing that, stand pat and take Felix Jones with one of their first rounders. Why? There is currently only one single Arkansas player on the Cowboys, Ken Hamlin, and Dallas didn't even draft him, Seattle did. Jerry Jones has never let his Arkansas ties dictate his personnel decisions with the Cowboys in the past, and I don't know why the media thinks he's going to start now.

- Earl Bennet in the early 2nd might seem like a bit of a reach, but I think Denver very likely could make the move. Bennet asked his old college QB and friend, Jay Cutler, to help him out by throwing to him at his pro day, and Cutler and Bennet connected 20 out of 20 times. Denver has a need at receiver and I think they forego some more established receivers to take a guy they know their QB has chemistry with.

- Trevor Laws is a board favourite, but I don't have him going in the first two rounds. I think Laws won a lot of casual fans after people saw the hustle he displayed at the Senior Bowl, but before that week he was considered more of a mid-round prospect. I could be wrong, but I think he may be on the board a little bit longer than people expect.

Well, NewGold, not bad.

While I disagree on the order of the top 10, its not hard for me to believe those folks will be the first 10 selected.

Then I got to the second round. Are we 40 or 41?

Whatever. I disagree on the 2nd pick. Big time.

ddd

I saw Mel Kiper has dallas drafting felix jones with their first pick and brandon flowers with their second pick in the first round. I agree that everyone basing Dallas' choice on the Arkansas connection might be a bit of a stretch but they do want a running back and DB. Maybe we get lucky and fall for Mendenhall, if they do they may need to trade up to 10 to get him. If not maybe Detroit will want to get up there to get him as Peter King presently seems to think. Either way I think we are more likely to move back than up if we can this year.

I think Ali Highsmith will find his way into the 2nd Round...

He would be great in Black n' Gold

I definitely applaud your effort in taking the time to do this, NG. I can totally see the draft going this way. Count me among one of the few who wouldn't mind to see Pollack in Black and Gold. The guy is a stud and will be a huge anchor on our O-Line.

Don't think we should pass on Sam Baker, Fred Davis or Brandon Flowers for Pollack.
It could happen but he wouldn't be starting immediately bar a great showing in camp and we could still get a competitor to start in the 5th or 6th.

Like the draft but would rather have Carl Nicks in the 2nd - He would be an absolute road grader at RT (340+lbs). Then we could trade Stinch easily especially if we make a move to get to the Cheifs pick. IMO Goodwin is going to be fine.

OK,

Lets get serious here (I'll depend on ya'll to actually do that, LOL)

If we get Elllis in the first fine. If not we will go Rivers.

The second round pick would then be a CB, there are a bunch of good ones, Flowers the only one I've seen mentioned after the OP.

These other things can come later.

ddd

>>>after his showing at the combine, highsmoth might find his way into rookie free agency

Then I hope we get him!

Don't think we should pass on Sam Baker, Fred Davis or Brandon Flowers for Pollack.
It could happen but he wouldn't be starting immediately bar a great showing in camp and we could still get a competitor to start in the 5th or 6th.

Concur ref Flowers...based on what was available I would run the card to the podium with his name on it. Ellis and Flowers would be superb additions to our Def for years to come.

I agree with this mock it is very realistic. We all know how unpredictable the draft has been in the past so I have no doubt that we may take a center in the 2nd. I'm never surprised when our boys are up to pick

I definitely applaud your effort in taking the time to do this, NG. I can totally see the draft going this way. Count me among one of the few who wouldn't mind to see Pollack in Black and Gold. The guy is a stud and will be a huge anchor on our O-Line.

I love Pollack too... I want him in the 2nd badly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom