2 running backs off the board. (2 Viewers)

It would be nice if the Rams or Jets would sign Chris Ivory to an offer sheet. Too bad it is not likely to happen.

No but a trade is still possible. And you can probably get Ivory signed for less than Shon Greenes 3yr/$10 mil deal, important for a team like the Jets.

Doesn't have to be a 2013 pick. We'd likely get better value if its a 2014 pick in fact. (Of course, that would be very upsetting to our resident mock draft factories)

It would just mean the 2014 mocks come even earlier next season. :rolleys:

Steelers still have Redman and Dwyer. Not a great combo but Ivory doesn't represent a big upgrade or change from those two, not enough to give up picks for him.
Ship him to Pittsburgh for Steve McLendon. Save $700K. Then don't sign Ricky Jean-Francois, and use that money to upgrade at another position.

No but a trade is still possible. And you can probably get Ivory signed for less than Shon Greenes 3yr/$10 mil deal, important for a team like the Jets.
I read your posts all over on here and you think that your some kind of a GM in the shadows or something.If the Saints wanted to move Ivory they would not have put a high tender on him,he will be on this team contrary to what you might think.Thank God you are not involved in the front office CAP.Go back into space the earth is full.:mwink:

Who believes any team would trade for a Rb? You can get a guy as a rookie free agent lately.

I read your posts all over on here and you think that your some kind of a GM in the shadows or something.If the Saints wanted to move Ivory they would not have put a high tender on him,he will be on this team contrary to what you might think.Thank God you are not involved in the front office CAP.Go back into space the earth is full.:mwink:

On the contrary; I'm a fan of his but they may be looking just to get something in return for him leaving, which would make me feel better about it.

On the contrary; I'm a fan of his but they may be looking just to get something in return for him leaving, which would make me feel better about it.
I understand what your saying as far as getting something for him ,but do you really think anybody is gonna give up a second round pick for a running back with a history of not staying healthy.That tells me he is staying.

I understand what your saying as far as getting something for him ,but do you really think anybody is gonna give up a second round pick for a running back with a history of not staying healthy.That tells me he is staying.

I'm not sure if this is an option, but folks on here have suggested we could negotiate for a lower round pick instead.

They don't have to give up a second. You can trade Ivory for a bag of potato chips if you wanted. The level of his tender has nothing to do with a negotiated trade.

Tell me this if you believe that than why not tender him a 3rd or a 4th or higher if they want compensation.

There is no 3rd or 4th it's 1st, 2nd then the player's original draft position, which in Chris's case is UDFA. So the 2nd round tender was to avoid getting outbid by another team and having Ivory disappear with no compensation.

There is no 3rd or 4th it's 1st, 2nd then the player's original draft position, which in Chris's case is UDFA. So the 2nd round tender was to avoid getting outbid by another team and having Ivory disappear with no compensation.
Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom