2 sacks allowd! Inexcusable! (1 Viewer)

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Pre-season I thought a 2-sack allowed game would be a good game for this offensive line. So as I sat here and pondered "man, we really struggled with protection today..." I realized the above. It kind of jolted things into perspective. Our offensive line has not only been good, it's been consistently good to the point that you expect it on a weekly basis.

I didn't mind the second sack at all. I think it was the best option at the time.

What is that? 13 on the year? :thumbup:

The line has done well, but you also have to credit Brees. He feels the rush really well and seems to know exactly where to move to avoid a sack.

Atlanta picking up John Abraham really worried me going into the season. Our Oline has doen a great job in protection. Just one of the many surprises this year.

Brees also does one hell of a job at avoiding sacks..

One of the sacks was actually on Karney and not the OL.

Atlanta picking up John Abraham really worried me going into the season. Our Oline has doen a great job in protection. Just one of the many surprises this year.

Yeah ironically Abraham's best play came on a run-play today.

The falcons were bringing 5 or 6 on a large percentage of plays. 2 sacks might be good considering the risks that atlanta was taking every play.

The line has done well, but you also have to credit Brees. He feels the rush really well and seems to know exactly where to move to avoid a sack.

This cannot be overlooked. There are many sacks that Brees has avoided by just stepping up in the pocket that a certain ex-Saint QB would have taken.

Lowest allowed sacks in the league this season i believe for the saints.
The second Sack was actually on purpose, Brees played it smart and just braced for the hit instead of forcing the ball out there to risk an INT.

Pre-season I thought a 2-sack allowed game would be a good game for this offensive line. So as I sat here and pondered "man, we really struggled with protection today..." I realized the above. It kind of jolted things into perspective. Our offensive line has not only been good, it's been consistently good to the point that you expect it on a weekly basis.

good post....needed to be said

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom