2 Saints helped Bennie Fowler land in New Orleans (2 Viewers)

Without a preseason I have no idea how you go about unseating a guy. By the same token I have no idea how a guy like TQS could prove that anything has changed. I guess i will just have to have faith in whomever they decide to round out the back end of the position with. But I have zero expectations from TQS at this point so anything he shows will just be lagniappe.

TQS has shown flashes. KK never even blipped on the radar.
Outside of TQS’s biggest game, what has he accomplished? Disappearing acts while playing big minutes. Let’s compare some stats. I’ll take TQS’s 2nd year. A year where he had a shot to be a contributor bc we were devoid of a legit (or any kind) #2 WR. Plus, he was coming into last season with more knowledge of the playbook and game experience. In 11 games, he had 18 catches for 234 yards (13 ypc) and 5 TDs. I believe he was a 3rd rd pick.

I’ll use Kirkwood’s rookie year bc last year he only saw a few minutes in one game before injury.
In only 8 games (none of which were starts) he made 13 catches for 203 yards (16 ypc) with 2 TDs. But he also hauled in a TD in the playoffs. He was undrafted.

A flash is nothing more than just a flash when it comes to what we invested in TQS. He has not even remotely paid any dividends for our investment. Kirkwood on the other hand. Out performed what we invested in him. TQS couldn’t even get the playbook down his rookie year and I’m pretty sure he still had issues with it last year as well. There is a reason why we had to add TH7 into receiving duties (which I’m thrilled about bc I rather see him than TQS) and there is a reason why we brought in Sanders, Montgomery, and now Fowler. It’s bc TQS just isn’t what we need him to be. Can’t have a guy playing valuable minutes vanishing all game. It’s ridiculous. Can he at least “flash” every other game, maybe every other three games? Heck, every 4 games would suffice.

Last edited:
Outside of TQS’s biggest game, what has he accomplished? Disappearing acts while playing big minutes. Let’s compare some stats. I’ll take TQS’s 2nd year. A year where he had a shot to be a contributor bc we were devoid of a legit (or any kind) #2 WR. Plus, he was coming into last season with more knowledge of the playbook and game experience. In 11 games, he had 18 catches for 234 yards (13 ypc) and 5 TDs. I believe he was a 3rd rd pick.

I’ll use Kirkwood’s rookie year bc last year he only saw a few minutes in one game before injury.
In only 8 games (none of which were starts) he made 13 catches for 203 yards (16 ypc) with 2 TDs. But he also hauled in a TD in the playoffs. He was undrafted.

A flash is nothing more than just a flash when it comes to what we invested in TQS. He has not even remotely paid any dividends for our investment. Kirkwood on the other hand. Out performed what we invested in him. TQS couldn’t even get the playbook down his rookie year and I’m pretty sure he still had issues with it last year as well. There is a reason why we had to add TH7 into receiving duties (which I’m thrilled about bc I rather see him than TQS) and there is a reason why we brought in Sanders, Montgomery, and now Fowler. It’s bc TQS just isn’t what we need him to be. Can’t have a guy playing valuable minutes vanishing all game. It’s ridiculous. Can he at least “flash” every other game, maybe every other three games? Heck, every 4 games would suffice.
Smith has produced when called upon but if your the 4th or 5th option in the pecking order how many catches do you expect him to get ?

CGM is 1 and AK 2 = Drew more than likely isn’t getting past his 2nd look with both getting 100+ targets and 85%+ completion percentage.

Smith has produced when called upon but if your the 4th or 5th option in the pecking order how many catches do you expect him to get ?

CGM is 1 and AK 2 = Drew more than likely isn’t getting past his 2nd look with both getting 100+ targets and 85%+ completion percentage.
You don’t spend a 3rd rd pick on a guy to be 4th or 5th in the pecking order.

Maybe not at the time, but given it's a sunk cost that won't be recovered, it doesn't matter one jot what round he (or any player) was drafted in.

And he's an asset that will cost nothing to move on from, if he's legitimately surpassed by another player for the #3 or #4 receiver role.

TQS has shown flashes. KK never even blipped on the radar.

The latter has caught a meaningful touchdown (not in a blowout) in the playoffs while the former has zero. KK definitely looked more natural on the field than TQS does. Just the feeling I get when I watch both catch the ball.

That's exactly what a 3rd round pick is. A developmental pick that sometimes works out and sometimes don't, but are expected to get playing time regardless. Go look at the 3rd round over the last few seasons and see how many are actually starters, it isn't many. Guys like Gallup and Warner are exceptions, not the norm.

You never know. Here are career stats of Bennie and Joe Horn before coming to the Saints

Joe Horn
28 years old
6-1 213 lbs
96 catches
7 total TDs

Bennie Fowler
29 years old
6-1 212 lbs
95 catches
7 total TDs
Great take. I'd have never thought to compare the two.

MT,AK,JC MI ?

Am I missing something or is he just suppose to out play All Pro and Pro bowlers ? Unless the play is designed for him THAT WOULD MEAN none of the first 2-3 guys are open which is highly unlikely .

Can he get better yes is he as bad as people make him seem no

Sanders will step into the 3 role this year behind Ak and MT ahead of Cook and Smith

So i see a 45 catch season max but more than likely 30-35 due to TH we have weapons and that’s a good thing Smith is fine 2 seasons 10 TDs 66% catch percentage with last year being 72% he’ll be fine this season

With the Bennie Fowler signing our receiving corps can be called Bennie and the Jets. :fou:

You never know. Here are career stats of Bennie and Joe Horn before coming to the Saints

Joe Horn
28 years old
6-1 213 lbs
96 catches
7 total TDs

Bennie Fowler
29 years old
6-1 212 lbs
95 catches
7 total TDs

yes but the NFL and specifically the Saints knew what Joe could do and he was paid accordingly. His problem in KC is he just couldn't crack the starting lineup they had back then. But he compares a lot more favorably to the Sanders signing than the Fowler one.

Joe Horn
28 years old
6-1 213 lbs
96 catches
7 total TDs

Bennie Fowler
29 years old
6-1 212 lbs
95 catches
7 total TDs

impressive pull.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom