2 stats that stand out against the Wildcat (1 Viewer)

Caballero

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Rushing Yards

Wildcat - 137

Saints - 138

T.O.P.

Wildcat - 26:58

Saints - 33:02

Props to Big Ricky for a great game, but it seemed during the game that everything was working for Ronnie Brown as well but in the end 16 att for 48 yards with a long of 8 is rather pedestrian. I kept rootin my boys on the whole game, tellin my peeps who kept calling that we're gonna win, all we need is a epic halftime speech, funny cuz my friends 10 year old was like what the hell is a speech gonna do......I said free Reggie Burgers for everyone if we pull this one out team !!!!! What's a Reggie Burger ???? Coming soon......:biggrinjester:

It's even better than that. According to the AP report on the game, "Miami's wildcat netted 30 yards in 14 plays." Yes, they got 137 yards in the game and yes, Ricky Williams busted one for 68 yards, but that play wasn't from the Wildcat and plays in the Wildcat formation only netted 30 yards for the game. http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20091026/SPORTS/910260303

So much for the "unstoppable" Wildcat formation. Greg Williams controlled it nicely. 2.15 yards/carry is a pretty miserable average.

Last edited:
If Payton abandons the run, or if Bell doesnt show up, we lose this game. This team has so many players, besides Drew and Colston, its always someone different coming through. This team has a lot of weapons.

It's even better than that. According to the AP report on the game, "Miami's wildcat netted 30 yards in 14 plays." Yes, they got 137 yards in the game and yes, Ricky Williams busted one for 68 yards, but that play wasn't from the Wildcat and plays in the Wildcat formation only netted 30 yards for the game. http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20091026/SPORTS/910260303

So much for the "unstoppable" Wildcat formation. Greg Williams controlled it nicely. 2.15 yards/carry is a pretty miserable average.

that is pretty impressive, it sure seemed like they were making every 3rd down conversion in the first half, while we made none.

And this is the wildcat that had so many around here all gogged up and worried..........

Wildcat or no wildcat, I was pretty impressed with Brown's yards after contact. A lot of times we had him stopped short of a first down, but he muscled through and picked it up.

At least in the first half.

Vilma obliterated 3 or 4 wildcat plays in the backfield.

They did set up a nice pass play that Fasano dropped, but our D shut the persaycat DOWN!!!

Vilma obliterated 3 or 4 wildcat plays in the backfield.

They did set up a nice pass play that Fasano dropped, but our D shut the persaycat DOWN!!!

Vilma had 10 tackles; 3 for losses. He was the biggest reason Miami failed in their attempt to control the clock (that and the fact that Miami inexplicably came out passing in the second half; that's bad coaching).

Miami is only running the Wildcat because their best wideouts couldn't make the Montana State bench. And then they decide to pass. Un freaking believeable!

But that takes nothing away from the Saints. A lesser team would have folded their tents, and played tentatively not to get hurt. But the Saints played to WIN, and always beileved that they would!

If Payton abandons the run, or if Bell doesnt show up, we lose this game. This team has so many players, besides Drew and Colston, its always someone different coming through. This team has a lot of weapons.

Also, IF New Orleans doesn't get the football franchise know as the Saints we would'nt have a football team to watch every Sunday. IF!

*Ahem*

attachment.php

Attachments

• WildCat.jpg
    WildCat.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 70
When Henne was split out in the second half, we completely ignored him and brought the corner around the edge early. That helped make a lot of those plays negative.

When Henne was split out in the second half, we completely ignored him and brought the corner around the edge early. That helped make a lot of those plays negative.

I guess eventually they'll end up running some plays designed to go to Henne

The wildcat was a gimmick that everyone is now figuring out. Its why people don't run the option.

It's too one dimensional. The only interesting thing that I can possibly see is if the Eagles would run it with Vick and that gave it more of a two dimensional feel?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom