? 2 the board what/who's next, (1 Viewer)

67Bndwagnfan

ID vs Ego
Reaction score
I literally heard the collective sigh when we signed another corner. Most of us are hoping for snow in hell with some of the speculation but realistically what do you think our next move is gonna be in free agency? Who is out there that we could use. After Lito!!! we all want him and I do believe we should/could improve over MM, he's our best, not the best. He gets burnt frequently and since we all watch the same games anybody notice that the opposeing QB's have enough time to order take out with NO pressure from our front four.

Michael Turner maybe. I know the saints were interested in him. If he gets out of Atlanta, I think the saints will bring him in. As of now he did not get a deal done in Atlanta.

Lito is the most valuable defensive player left available (FA and trades).

We have to do whatever the Eagles want (reasonable) to get Lito.

We can't go after Lito now, we'd have to trade big for him 1st off, then we'd have:

M Mc., Gay, Sheppard, Young, David, Craft

we could cut craft but then we are paying our 4th string corner back STARTER money and that just doesn't make any business sense to me... you'd have all your eggs in a very shakey basket...

JMO...

From here, i say let's start looking in three places....

DT, TE, WR...

My needs are now ranked as so:

DT, CB (still), LB, WR (pending an amazing breakout of meachem), RB, then maybe TE.

Right now are team is a lot better, but it's just maybe a lot better (like IF Vilma plays and has no lingering injury issues, IFGay doesn't go the way of Jason David, IF Deuce isn't hampered by his injuries, and IF Meachem is ready to go this year).

TE is a huge need, one way or another. currently we do not have a 1 or 2 te. a new dt is also a huge need. one of these positions can be addressed early in the draft...the other should be done in free agency

Well, we need another corner, and we still don't have a playmaking free safety, so we should continue to address the secondary as out top priority. With McKenzie's rehab likely to continue well into the regular season, I wouldn't mind getting an Aaron Glen or Ty Law in here with a cap-friendly one-year or two-year deal.

I'd also like to see us sign one of these situational pass rushing DEs so we can move Grant inside on passing downs and help the secondary out with some more pressure up front.

Then we need to grab a DT, CB and LB with the the first three picks, in whichever order the best available at those positions falls.

We can't go after Lito now, we'd have to trade big for him 1st off, then we'd have:

M Mc., Gay, Sheppard, Young, David, Craft

we could cut craft but then we are paying our 4th string corner back STARTER money and that just doesn't make any business sense to me... you'd have all your eggs in a very shakey basket...

JMO...

From here, i say let's start looking in three places....

DT, TE, WR...

MM and Lito would start and Gay is best as a nickel IMO. It would actually be a good group. Jason David would have to be an expensive backup, I want the best guys on the field, not the highest paid.

So is there any other notables left in Free Agency, besides Lito ( I don't think that's gonna happen, but would love to be wrong), that we should push for. In another thread I posted IMHO we should try to do it heavily through the draft ( like Pittsburg),but now our needs are to many to not try and fill holes through FA. Who out there in FA could help us and preserve our draft picks. I agree with trading up to get more if someone we needs is still avialable to us. Trying to get my mind wrapped around this and appreciate your piont of views.

Are we talking to anyone else? anymore visits planned?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom