Analysis 20 days in Houston Texas with no home AC. It’s been a fun and challenging adventure. ? (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Well our AC went out 20 days ago, it’s about to be fired back up for the first time since we lost it. Having the air handler replaced inside the house and will be excited to have AC again.

Living thru this here in the swamp, this made me contemplate back when folks did not have AC. I’d have not lived here, for sure. ?

Either way thankful we will have it back, as excessive heat hurts my already diseased eyes so don’t need that extra pain on top of all else that is going on.
Also I’d never realized how ‘stale’ a home gets with no air circulating, at least in this area. Never even thought about that aspect until we lost the unit.
What a year. ? if I drank beer there would be a tear in it, if my driveway was bigger there would be another man’s truck in it, and if I had an extra dog he’d have been run over by now. 2018, for my wife and I, has been your typical old school country song. ??

Hallelujah for central heat and air conditioning in Texas. Lol.

Last edited:
Well our AC went out 20 days ago, it’s about to be fired back up for the first time since we lost it. Having the air handler replaced inside the house and will be excited to have AC again.

Living thru this here in the swamp, this made me contemplate back when folks did not have AC. I’d have not lived here, for sure. ?

Either way thankful we will have it back, as excessive heat hurts my already diseased eyes so don’t need that extra pain on top of all else that is going on.
Also I’d never realized how ‘stale’ a home gets with no air circulating, at least in this area. Never even thought about that aspect until we lost the unit.
What a year. ? if I drank beer there would be a tear in it, if my driveway was bigger there would be another man’s truck in it, and if I had an extra dog he’d have been run over by now. 2018, for my wife and I, has been your typical old school country song. ??

Hallelujah for central heat and air conditioning in Texas. Lol.

You should only need it for another few months. There should be a week or two in late Jan or early Feb where you can just open the windows and enjoy the nice fall weather.

You should only need it for another few months. There should be a week or two in late Jan or early Feb where you can just open the windows and enjoy the nice fall weather.

Yep. We will get a nice cool day or 3 before next summer. ?

OMG, went to Wal-Mart today dressed like I've been dressing for the last 4 months -- tank top, athletic skirt, flip flops. Girl's walking in ahead of me with a flannel shirt and jeans on. I mean, it's nicer but still a little humid and don't foresee a day anytime soon the AC isn't on. It's just now BEARABLE to me.

I could not live without AC and don't remember what it's like opening the window for a cool breeze ever since I've been in the Deep South.

OMG, went to Wal-Mart today dressed like I've been dressing for the last 4 months -- tank top, athletic skirt, flip flops. Girl's walking in ahead of me with a flannel shirt and jeans on. I mean, it's nicer but still a little humid and don't foresee a day anytime soon the AC isn't on. It's just now BEARABLE to me.

I could not live without AC and don't remember what it's like opening the window for a cool breeze ever since I've been in the Deep South.

Trust me I feel ya.
It was not fun. My wife and both have wondered if we’d run over puppies or something due to the year we’ve had lol.

this summer it felt like i crossed some threshold - i'm just done with summers
i hate that we've gotten to some summer hibernation where i really don't want my kids out for very long

Really? 20 days without AC? In Houston? I wouldn't be able to go through that with normal eye pressure.

Really? 20 days without AC? In Houston? I wouldn't be able to go through that with normal eye pressure.

Lol it was a challenge mjc. Wife and I are both hopeful that our challenges slow down for a bit. ?

Mine went out in June and it was 3 days before I could get somebody to come fix it. I lasted about 2 hours before going to walmart and buying a cheap window unit. I put it in the spare room/home office and we pretty much lived in there for a couple of days.

My AC went out a few years ago in the middle of August. I went a whole month without AC before it was finally diagnosed correctly and fixed. 2 years later it happened again, but we found the new issue within the weekend. You find out how strong your marriage is when your wife and 3yr old are miserable because of the heat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom