20 games left. How do they finish? (1 Viewer)

If they just put away all the teams they should put away, then they will do just fine. I don't know what to do following a team that will not necessarily blow it to a basement team when playoffs are on the line.

San Antonio=W
LA Lakers=W
@ Detroit=L
Chicago=W
Houston=W
Boston=W

They're now 47-21

@ Indiana=W
@ Cleveland=L
@ Boston=L
@ Toronto=W
@ Orlando=W
@ Miami=W
NY Knicks=W
Golden State=W
Utah=W
@ Minnesota=W
@ LA Lakers=L
@ Sacramento=W
LA Clippers=W
@ Dallas=W

So I guess I'd see them going 11-3 over the last 14 games looking at the match-ups, but something tells me they'll probably drop 2 more making them 9-5 and giving them a final record of 56-26. 11-3 isn't out of the question though, and one would have to assume that going 11-3 would put them at #1 in the west.

I had them at 3-3.....and they go 5-1!

Every time I look at this stretch of games.....it's unreal.

3-3 is acceptable for me on this road trip. Indy, Toronto, Miami I expect to win. If we steal one from Cleveland, Orlando, or Boston I'll be happy with that of course.

If they just put away all the teams they should put away, then they will do just fine. I don't know what to do following a team that will not necessarily blow it to a basement team when playoffs are on the line.

Compensate. At the first sign of trouble, curl up in a fetal position and cry. Then when we pull off the win, go get plastered.

I have them going 4-2 on the road trip. + or - a game would not disappoint me too much.

He's a shell of his former self, but still, it's just that much more help for us.
Don't you think Chicago had to be upset when they realized that they traded away Chandler and got and older, less talented, and more expensive version of Chandler in Wallace.:hihi:

nba_g_kobe_cp3_580.jpg

Some Things Not So Predictable
<!-- end subheader -->
By Jon Barry

Time to pass a few judgments on awards and the playoff push as we head into the last weeks of the season …
My MVP winner is …

Too close to call right now. If the New Orleans Hornets win the West's pitched regular-season battle, I've got Chris Paul. If the Hornets don't win the West, I've got Kobe Bryant no matter what.

It's basically been in the last couple weeks that Paul has stepped forward, backed by solid numbers (21.5 ppg, 11.2 apg, 2.7 spg). I liked what I saw of him when Spurs and Celtics both came to New Orleans and each left with a loss. He's made an All-Star out of David West, and Tyson Chandler is a most improved player candidate. Paul's been given the keys from coach Byron Scott and driven the team to the heights. You're doing something if you can get a team on top of this loaded Western Conference.

Extreme Behavior
<!-- end subheader -->
3721.jpg

MONDAY'S BEST
David West, Hornets forward: Goes for 35 points and 16 rebounds in the Hornets' 114-106 win over the Pacers. Hornets could use some of that Wednesday at Cleveland and Friday in Boston.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080326

I think we finish the remaining 20 at 12-8 for a final record of 54-28.

San Antonio W
LA Lakers W
@ Detroit L
Chicago W
Houston W
Boston W
@ Indiana W
@ Cleveland W
@ Boston L
@ Toronto W
@ Orlando
@ Miami
NY Knicks
Golden State
Utah
@ Minnesota
@ LA Lakers
@ Sacramento
LA Clippers
@ Dallas

8-2
Looking pretty good so far! My pessimism appears to have helped out.

Orlando, LA, and Dallas seem like only games I see us legitimately losing.

Don't you think Chicago had to be upset when they realized that they traded away Chandler and got and older, less talented, and more expensive version of Chandler in Wallace.:hihi:

Haha, yep. I think that was one of the big reasons that the Ben Gordon trade didn't go down at the deadline for us. They were too scared they were going to get screwed over again.

San Antonio=L
LA Lakers=L
@ Detroit=L
Chicago=W
Houston=W
Boston=L
@ Indiana=W
@ Cleveland=W
@ Boston=L
@ Toronto=W
@ Orlando=W
@ Miami=W
NY Knicks=W
Golden State=W
Utah=W
@ Minnesota=W
@ LA Lakers=L
@ Sacramento=W
LA Clippers=W
@ Dallas=W

14-6 with a losing streak coming up, though. Final record of 56-36, 3rd seed in the West.

11-2 so far. I had them going 8-5. Clearly I underrate the sheer awesomeness of Christopher Emmanuel Paul.

I'm worried about tomorrow against the Warriors.
I got a bad feeling about this, too. Hope it's just a Saints side effect and we're both wrong!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom