2000 Saints vs Rams wild card on NFL Network right now (1 Viewer)

Will always remember that day, we had basketball practice when the game started and I was so livid, thankfully it ended in time to see Hakim drop that ball.

I remember several friends I watched that game with going, "Oh no...it's the Saints...they are gonna blow it again..." But I said, "No, these are not your dad's Saints...have faith!" But honestly up until Hakim dropped the ball I was pretty worried lol.

Last thing I remember that night is Hakim drops the ball then we went party like they had won the Super Bowl

If Robert Wilson makes the wide-open catch on third down before the punt, then it's a much smoother ending. He was in the game due to the Horn injury on the game's first series. I can still remember it all!

If Robert Wilson makes the wide-open catch on third down before the punt, then it's a much smoother ending. He was in the game due to the Horn injury on the game's first series. I can still remember it all!
Wilson also had a cast on his thumb that caused his inability to pull in that pass. McCarthy had the perfect play call. The linebackers dropped into deep middle and Wilson was all alone in the middle for pitch and catch at the sticks.

The pass, if I recall, was a little high and Wilson had to extend a bit and wasn't able to pull it in with limited mobility in his thumb.

Also, can I add...

That TD pass from Brooks to Wilson in the early part of the game was as beautiful a pass as you will ever see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom