2000 Saints vs Rams wild card on NFL Network right now (1 Viewer)

What is it with the Saints and letting the other team get 2 on side kicks in a row? thats crazy...

Yeah, but Hakeem still drops the ball.
We sat lower level end zone on the opposite side of the Dome back then and of course had to rely on the small TVs and not-so-jumbotrons, which of course were on delay. All I know is that as we're looking up at the screens as the ball is coming down it erupts on the other side of the stadium so we just started cheering too. Good times that night.

We sat lower level end zone on the opposite side of the Dome back then and of course had to rely on the small TVs and not-so-jumbotrons, which of course were on delay. All I know is that as we're looking up at the screens as the ball is coming down it erupts on the other side of the stadium so we just started cheering too. Good times that night.
Reminds me of when we were watching SB 44. We had a TV set up under the patio, but it was using an Antenna for the feed. The TV inside was connected to cable. The Antenna feed seemed like 5 seconds faster than the cable feed. Every time there was a big play, the people inside would get mad at us for letting them know before it happened. Especially the Porter INT. I made it from outside to the living room and was jumping up and down before they even saw the play. I actually didn't know he scored until the replay.

No Joe Horn, Robert Wilson playing with a Q-tip for a hand, down to the third-down back (Chad Morton) and fourth-string Terry Allen.

No Joe Horn, Robert Wilson playing with a Q-tip for a hand, down to the third-down back (Chad Morton) and fourth-string Terry Allen.
No Joe Horn after the 1st series, no Ricky Williams, and Alex Molden (who was playing well at that point) was also lost early in the game to injury. I don’t think they had Fred Weary either… Michael Hawthorne was getting starter reps down the stretch, and Chris Oldham was marking Marshall Faulk????

That game was great, and made me a forever Willie Jackson fan, but Haslett tightened up so hard late that he almost blew it! 31-7 with like 3:30 left in the game, and it took Hakim muffing a punt to seal it. 🤦‍♂️

Willie Jackson had quite a game.

Brooks and Willie Jackson had some serious chemistry....... I would go so far as to say that Brooks and Jackson clicked way before Brooks and Horn fully clicked.

And if I remember correctly, Willie was mostly brought in because he and Jeff Blake had been together with the Bengals. But, interestingly enough, Blake probably clicked better with Horn.

I never understood why Jackson only lasted two seasons with the Saints.

I remember several friends I watched that game with going, "Oh no...it's the Saints...they are gonna blow it again..." But I said, "No, these are not your dad's Saints...have faith!" But honestly up until Hakim dropped the ball I was pretty worried lol.
Me too ! I was prepared for another heart break.

Yeah I had forgotten how much they scored in the final 3 mins. Delivering heart attacks in typical Saints fashion

My brother came in from out of town and I took him to this game. He’s the guy who helped cultivate my love for the Saints, so my first playoff game as a season ticket holder, I only thought it fair to invite him.

We were so happy during the 31-7 run. I can’t even describe how pumped and thrilled we were. Then as the Rams started heating up you could feel the tension drop in like a storm. It was thick

We were both just sick to our stomachs when Wilson dropped the pass and we had to punt. I was thinking about how I’d be able to walk from my seat to the car without barfing.

When Milne got the fumble it was like a 10 ton weight lifted off 70k people.

One of my most profound memories of the end of that game was how friendly all of the St Louis fans were that we encountered. They all wished the Saints luck and complimented the fans and the city. That was a really good feeling. That was a great day and we didn’t care that it took us 3 hours to get out of the parking garage. 😆

I had recently transferred to hell, I mean Dallas, and a NO friend called me when Saints were up 31-7 screaming "can you believe this??!!!" I told him I had seen enough Saints games to where he may want to call back when there were four zeros on the clock.

We were so happy during the 31-7 run. I can’t even describe how pumped and thrilled we were. Then as the Rams started heating up you could feel the tension drop in like a storm. It was thick
more so than “the Rams started heating up” it was the Saints started to completely tighten up and the offense basically checked out! (Specifically the OL).

Hakim had a punt return that he brought back inside the Saints’ 10yd line when the Saints were up 31-7… then Sammy Knight made a great 1-handed INT! That was a moment where I was like “Wow, they’re really going to do this!!!”

Then the offense did absolutely NOTHING and punted the ball right back… then the scoring deluge took place.

more so than “the Rams started heating up” it was the Saints started to completely tighten up and the offense basically checked out! (Specifically the OL).

Hakim had a punt return that he brought back inside the Saints’ 10yd line when the Saints were up 31-7… then Sammy Knight made a great 1-handed INT! That was a moment where I was like “Wow, they’re really going to do this!!!”

Then the offense did absolutely NOTHING and punted the ball right back… then the scoring deluge took place.
32 runs for 50 yards. Supposed to run when ahead though, but running is not what got the 31-7 lead either.

Also see the 1992 season loss to Eagles for when a team continues to pass with a lead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom