2006 draft (1 Viewer)

Been wanting to say this for a while Bush was our only choice!! no team offered enough to move up and had we taken Hawk (who everyone thought we liked in the top 5)and passed on Bush everyone on this board would have had a breakdown not to mention what would have happened on the board!!! We did what we should have but to answer the question I thing that we take Hawk if Reggie is not there.

If I remember correctly, picking Reggie caused season tickets to spike and people started talking about the saints "making it in N.O". At that time Drew was a question mark in the eyes of many. There is little doubt Reggie was the only choice at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is just no way you pass up Reggie Bush at #2. 31 out of 31 teams would have taken Bush with the #2 overall pick.

Even using hindsight, Bush has arguably been the most successful in the top 10 (not including Mario Williams, of course).

4 New York D'Brickashaw Ferguson - OT
7 Oakland Michael Huff
9 Detroit Ernie Sims - LB
2 New Orleans Reggie Bush - RB
1 Houston Mario Williams - DE
8 Buffalo Donte' Whitner
5 Green Bay A.J. Hawk - LB
6 San Francisco Vernon Davis - TE
10 Arizona Matt Leinart - QB
3 Tennessee Vince Young - QB

In order of "best picks" in the top ten, despite the few highlights VY had as a rookie he is just as terrible as a majority of people had him pegged for.

Mario Williams sacks are not as valuable as reggie's TDs and I say that being 1 of 5 people ****** @ the Reggie pick, but I am NOT a "hater"

I just wanted the two jets picks, for Brick and Mangold or DeAngelo Williams, however in hindsight the over all good that came for the city of New Orleans was greater than my 'dream scenario' though my mouth still waters when thinking about Jammal back at RT, Brick at LT and either Mangold in the middle between nicks and Evans, or Deangelo cracking through OUR O-line rather than our D-line...

oh well hard to weigh the positives reggie brought to the city over the unknowns of a great line on paper =)

4 New York D'Brickashaw Ferguson - OT
7 Oakland Michael Huff
9 Detroit Ernie Sims - LB
2 New Orleans Reggie Bush - RB
1 Houston Mario Williams - DE
8 Buffalo Donte' Whitner
5 Green Bay A.J. Hawk - LB
6 San Francisco Vernon Davis - TE
10 Arizona Matt Leinart - QB
3 Tennessee Vince Young - QB

In order of "best picks" in the top ten, despite the few highlights VY had as a rookie he is just as terrible as a majority of people had him pegged for.

Mario Williams sacks are not as valuable as reggie's TDs and I say that being 1 of 5 people ****** @ the Reggie pick, but I am NOT a "hater"

I just wanted the two jets picks, for Brick and Mangold or DeAngelo Williams, however in hindsight the over all good that came for the city of New Orleans was greater than my 'dream scenario' though my mouth still waters when thinking about Jammal back at RT, Brick at LT and either Mangold in the middle between nicks and Evans, or Deangelo cracking through OUR O-line rather than our D-line...

oh well hard to weigh the positives reggie brought to the city over the unknowns of a great line on paper =)

First of all d brickashaw wasnt a need for us at that time. Second of all michael huff is the worst starting safety in the league(thanks to josh bullocks/kaesviharn not starting anymore). Third mario williams was the best pick of the draft not sure why you have him 5th.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom