2006 draft (1 Viewer)

Ask most Packer fans and they'll tell you Hawk hasn't been what he was supposed to be.

Reggie > Hawk

I still would have picked Bush. he has been a solid player despite his injuries and he put us on the map as far as football goes, which was desperately need at the time. I'm glad we didn't get Hawk. He has regressed this season and last and he might not be fitting into the 3-4 as well as the Packers had hoped.

This isn't true. There was never any discussion at all about drafting Leinart.[/QUOTE]

Ummm I certainly remeber that talk at least on anothers saints site.....I could not belive people wanted him when we just signed Brees. Obviously I did not know Brees would be as amazing he has been for us, but I still could not fanthom drafting and wasting a pick on Leinart when we just signed a young Brees. That would have been our worst mistake ever. Worse than the Ricky draft day move.

Leinart would've offered similar media attention like bush did.....he was known for getting out in hollywood and getting his face out.....he would've been great for the city of new orleans

also my reasoning is the newly hired sean payton was coming off a great tenure as dallas' offensive coordinator and had just groomed an undrafted tony romo to the starting position....he could've done the same thing with matt leinart who, at first glance, is already a better QB than tony romo

Leinart is a bust and at best career backup. With Brees that would have been the worse pick of the century.

Leinart is a bust and at best career backup. With Brees that would have been the worse pick of the century.

before the draft you cant tell who is going to bust and who is going to succeed....leinart may not be a bust but he is playing behind one of the best QBs in the league in kurt warner right now

leinart has only started 16 games in his career and 11 of them were in his rookie year.....you cant judge success or failure after only 16 games

nevertheless.....drew brees was coming off a major surgery and there was no guarantee he was the QB the saints were actually looking for.....i know it wasnt the popular pick, but it would've been smart to pick a QB for a new head coach on a team that was rebuilding since it was one of the teams needs anyway.......even if drew could've started, we were still lacking quality depth and a solid replacement

nobody could've dreamed the success and the jumpstart we had in 2006 and hindsight says we did the right thing, but if we would've passed on bush i think it would've been leinart

before the draft you cant tell who is going to bust and who is going to succeed....leinart may not be a bust but he is playing behind one of the best QBs in the league in kurt warner right now

leinart has only started 16 games in his career and 11 of them were in his rookie year.....you cant judge success or failure after only 16 games

nevertheless.....drew brees was coming off a major surgery and there was no guarantee he was the QB the saints were actually looking for.....i know it wasnt the popular pick, but it would've been smart to pick a QB for a new head coach on a team that was rebuilding since it was one of the teams needs anyway.......even if drew could've started, we were still lacking quality depth and a solid replacement

nobody could've dreamed the success and the jumpstart we had in 2006 and hindsight says we did the right thing, but if we would've passed on bush i think it would've been leinart

Leinart is third on the cardinals depth chart behind brian st. peirre........major major bust

Leinart is third on the cardinals depth chart behind brian st. peirre........major major bust

according to this website he is 2nd on the depth chart but what do they know......its only NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/teams/arizonacardinals/depthchart?team=ARI

also i concede the argument since he cant beat out a terrible QB that started for the NFC in the pro bowl and led his team to the super bowl last season.....but if leinart wasnt a bust, he would definitly be starting over that bum

according to this website he is 2nd on the depth chart but what do they know......its only NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/teams/arizonacardinals/depthchart?team=ARI

also i concede the argument since he cant beat out a terrible QB that started for the NFC in the pro bowl and led his team to the super bowl last season.....but if leinart wasnt a bust, he would definitly be starting over that bum

According to my high school teamates and dad who live in mesa, arizona and read the arizona republic plus see the nightly news and follow the team everday....he is third behind st. pierre. dude is a bust. We needed alot to rebuild in 06...we just signed a potential franchise quaterback in Brees and spent that money.....now you want to draft a insurance policy or backup quaterback.....or a quterback to groom. No thank you.

Well according to NFL.com Reggie Bush is number one on our running back depth chart.....so you are right what do I know.....they really know their stuff.

if we would have taken Hawk we might not have Vilma...Reggie was still the best pick at #2, people say Mario was still the best pick at #1 but last time i check Houston defense was hot trash...look down at some good picks...Holmes at 25, DeAngelo at 27

Well according to NFL.com Reggie Bush is number one on our running back depth chart.....so you are right what do I know.....they really know their stuff.

technically, he is our starter

According to my high school teamates and dad who live in mesa, arizona and read the arizona republic plus see the nightly news and follow the team everday....he is third behind st. pierre. dude is a bust. We needed alot to rebuild in 06...we just signed a potential franchise quaterback in Brees and spent that money.....now you want to draft a insurance policy or backup quaterback.....or a quterback to groom. No thank you.

sometimes the fans know more than the coaches? when the coaches dont even know whats going on, the fans are left even more out of the loop

show me proof that leinart is 3rd string....and even more so than that, show me proof he wont ever amount to anything

james harrison was cut 100 different times by several teams and ended up being one of the most dominant forces in the NFL......tony hargrove had a terrible streak off the field and fell of the NFLs radar....yet he is becoming one of our better DTs and is having a big impact on defense......in brett favres first 13 starts, he had 25 turnovers

16 games does not make a career....

probably matt leinart.....remember we werent sold on drew brees at that time yet and he was coming off a surgery that could've ended his career

when i found out the texans grabbed mario and we won the reggie bush sweepstakes i almost **** my pants.....as a saints fan it ranks right up there with the greatest moments for me

he helped turn the franchise around and no matter how you feel about his play, you cant deny he was a vital part in the rebirth of our team

I don't know about picking Leinart. Even if there were some questions about Brees because of his shoulder, after the amount of money the Saints dropped to get Brees, I really don't think they would have tied up more money using a #2 pick on another QB. My guess would have been AJ Hawk. In fact, before word got out that the Texans were picking Mario Williams, that's who I assumed the Saints were going to get. But I had about the same reaction as you when I found out Reggie was dropping to the Saints. With the Saints getting him and Brees in one off-season, it really added some star power to the team, which helped lead to a season ticket sellout, which helped lead to more and more people shutting the hell up about the Saints possibly moving.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom