2007 Draft Redo Article, who we should have picked... (1 Viewer)

SebaSaint

Indonesian Coon***
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Team: New Orleans Saints
Pick: 27
Actual choice: Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee
Revised choice: Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas
I gave the Denver Broncos a pass on Jarvis Moss because we haven't really been able to judge him fairly at this point. I could have elected to do the same here with the Saints and wide receiver Robert Meachem, but to me this was a greedy choice in the first place. The Saints had built a solid nucleus on the offensive side of the ball with Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, signing David Patten and knowing they had both Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush healthy....

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=782003

My apologies if someone already had this out here since it was online March 5th, I didn't find it. Hindsight is great cause it's always 20:20 but the article mentions Greg Olsen, Alan Branch, Justin Durant and obviously Chris Houston as better options for us last year instead of the MEACH. Anyways, I personally really liked Chris Houston who was picked on this year but he is only going to improve, either him or Olsen would have been better

I don't think people should revise a pick that could still turn out to be an amazing choice.

That's quite a bit of optimism considering we've seen nothing of him, and he only had one good year in college... that said, I hope your right.

That's quite a bit of optimism considering we've seen nothing of him, and he only had one good year in college... that said, I hope your right.

I have seen it said on this board before though that he is rated higher than any WR in this years' draft. Is that really true?

I have seen it said on this board before though that he is rated higher than any WR in this years' draft. Is that really true?

yeah thats true... the WR pool is full of good #2 recievers and great 3's Kelly would be a #2 to lee evans The only one i possibly see as a number one would be limas Sweed if he went to Tennessee

Didn't we have this exact same thread about a week ago?

We should have taken Puz.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom