2007 Free Agents (1 Viewer)

I cannot remember where I heard this or who I heard it from, but I heard a rumor out there that the Saints plan to make a strong push for Tony Gonzalez this offseason. I know he isn't a free agent, so I guess it would have to be in a trade. What do you think?

That would be awesome man, I stud tight end like Gonzales coming out the backfield with quick strikes from Brees....Man oh man.....

I'd like to see us pick up a corner in free agency that gives us immediate help, we're getting a little older at that position and could use some help..As for the draft a guy that I like as a LB is Ray Maualuga, that dude is a beast in the middle...I'd love to see the Saints get him...

I think we need to resign Hollas Thomas, I think we may need to go after 2 FA CBs. We should continue to draft well as long as Russ Ball is still with this club.

I like Mark Simoneau is a good guy to have on the team, he can play many positions. But he doesn't make enough plays for me at the mike. I am cool with Shanle and of course Fujita. We also need to sign Grant to an extension.

I am not sure this team needs a real good TE like Tony Gonzalez, but if get him, I wouldn't upset. I just think we don't we have enough balls to go around with: Horn, Colston, Henderson, Mcallister, and Bush. Wow, did I for get somebody?

Oh yea, I want Patrick Willis in the first round. If we have to trade up a couple spots, so be it.

This defense still needs improvement at all 3 levels. Now, does Payton go the draft or FA or both, that is the question. We definitely have seen how good at drafting young talent he is, and don't think for a minute he wasn't a major factor over Loomis and Dpt. With 9 picks, he can definitely add some depth. However, this defense needs 3 new starters. 1 DT, 1LB, and 1 CB should be added via FA. I liked DT Terdell Sands, LB Adalius Thomas, and CB Nate Clements on that list of FA. On the roster, Sands replaces Lake, Thomas replaces Melton, and Clements replaces Groce. Let Sands/Hollis/Young/Draft Pick rotate at DT. Adalius definitely starts with Fujita and draft pick. Clements starts opposite Mckenzie allowing FT to move to nickel back. Wow, wish those 3 were on this roster right now. Damn that would be strong. At the very least Clements, right....right.

I cannot remember where I heard this or who I heard it from, but I heard a rumor out there that the Saints plan to make a strong push for Tony Gonzalez this offseason. I know he isn't a free agent, so I guess it would have to be in a trade. What do you think?

He will void the last year of his deal, making him a free agent.

Also it was Jay Glazer that reported the Saints possible interest in Gonzales and it was "the Saints MAY have POSSIBLE interest in Gonzales if he were released". Clearly speculation on the pure fact that the Saints TE's are less than stellar. Nothing more, don't get your hopes up, Gonzales isn't the type of TE that the coaching staff seems to favor (especially one that will carry his price tag). Look for someone like Johnson or Graham if a TE is added.

Definitely resign Thomas

Stevens cannot catch. His butterfingers broke a lot of hearts in the Superbowl and he looked pretty bad on Monday night, too.

Hilarious. He dropped a couple passes in the Superbowl, and 1 on Monday Night (In the pouring rain by the way)....unfortunately for him those are the only 2 games that anyone has ever seen him play, so now he has a reputation for dropping passes.

And everyone thinks he's "the T.O. of TE's" because Joey Porter blew one of hims comments out of proportion. So he gets hit in the nuts and now everyone thinks he deserved it even though they know exactly jack squat about the guy.

Last edited:
Hilarious. He dropped a couple passes in the Superbowl, and 1 on Monday Night....unfortunately for him those are the only 2 games that anyone has ever seen him play, so now he has a reputation for dropping passes.

And everyone thinks he's "the T.O. of TE's" because Joey Porter blew one of hims comments out of proportion. So he gets hit in the nuts and now everyone thinks he deserved it even though they know exactly jack squat about the guy.

I didn't know Joey Porter said anything about Stevens. I do know that apparently he has an NFL-wide reputation of being a "punk" in the literal sense of the word (talks big, acts cheap, but basically a coward).

I didn't know Joey Porter said anything about Stevens. I do know that apparently he has an NFL-wide reputation of being a "punk" in the literal sense of the word (talks big, acts cheap, but basically a coward).

Opposing players hate him because he gets under their ski and takes them off their game.

Lance Briggs is "secretly" the best LB on Chicago's team....don't expect them to let him go.

Playmaker at linebacker and corner and we are looking great. I can't wait to see Harper playing again also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom