2007 Free Agents (1 Viewer)

Randall Gay

Nate Clements, we probably will not be able to get him

Jeremy Stevens has the size and can atch but the dude is such a B*tch

Stevens cannot catch. His butterfingers broke a lot of hearts in the Superbowl and he looked pretty bad on Monday night, too.

Stevens cannot catch. His butterfingers broke a lot of hearts in the Superbowl and he looked pretty bad on Monday night, too.

More importantly, he's an immature *******. The T.O. of tight ends.

He'd be poison here. He doesn't fit. We'd be better off going after Daniels from N.E., if he's affordable and available.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot remember where I heard this or who I heard it from, but I heard a rumor out there that the Saints plan to make a strong push for Tony Gonzalez this offseason. I know he isn't a free agent, so I guess it would have to be in a trade. What do you think?

I cannot remember where I heard this or who I heard it from, but I heard a rumor out there that the Saints plan to make a strong push for Tony Gonzalez this offseason. I know he isn't a free agent, so I guess it would have to be in a trade. What do you think?

Talk on the town is that he has reached a point where the rest of his contract can be voided and he will be a FA. Also the rumor is that he will not be Franchised because of the big number it would be.

I think any rumor of the Saints making a push for him was created by the fans though. Not that I wouldnt take the guy but I doubt that came from the FO.

i didn't hear it from the site. Now I'm gonna be thinking about this all day until I remember

I really like Shanle and Fujita at OLBer, but a player like Kawika Mitchell wouldn't be a bad thing. I am more opt to try to draft a MLBer instead though.

I wouldn't mind either Nate Clements (27) or Asante Samuel (25) at CB. Truthfully I might lean towards Samuel because he should cost less than Clements. Both are young and talented. Clements is the more physical of the two (6'0 210 lbs) compared to Samuel (5'10 185lbs). Like I said, either would be a huge upgrade.

Eric Johnson is an interesting player. When healthy he has been a very dominating player (however thats not been many years). In 5-1/2 seasons he has only been completely healthy 2 of them. However in those two seasons he has caught 122 balls for 1187 yards and 5 TD's. Daniel Graham is another TE that I think would be a good fit here. Either, I would lean towards Graham because of Johnson's injury history. Reggie Kelly is another solid veteran that could be useful if they have faith in either Conwell or Campbell. He has started for Cinci for the last 4 years (Atlanta before that) and though he doesn't have great numbers, he is a solid veteran presence.

I have a feeling next offseason may be a little bit dissapointing because we went on a kind of spending spree last year. I could be wrong but I doubt we get any big name free agents like clements or june.

I predict we sign a TE like eric johnson and a OL for depth. We will sign a cornerback but a small name one like randall gay. We may also get a chance with d. Edwards, if the price is right. Then we will draft a CB in the first, a linebacker or DL in the second or third. The rest of the Draft wil be BPA. That would probably be the end of the offseason, which we will be a lot less exciting than the past offseason.

Don't get your hopes up. The saints need all the money they will have available to sign current saints. Drew Bress will get 12 million and change. Charles Grant is a free agent, Hollis Thomas needs a new contract. Stincomb is a free agent too. Maybe Colston's contract will need to be adjusted.

I don't think will be important players in the free agency market next season.

Lance Briggs is a SLB, Cato June is a perfect fit at WLB. I'm sure you could switch Briggs or Fujita over, but i feel June is a better fit for Fujita. Plus Cato June is great in coverage, and I have a soft spot for LBs who can cover and great turnovers that way.

Scott Fujita Patrick Willis Cato June

That's a LB corp I could get behind :scratch:
Lance Briggs is a WLB, not Strong according to the Chicago Bears depth chart and multiple articles available to anyone who feels like swinging by Google.com and typing in his name.

Sign Randall Gay, no matter the cost. :hihi:

In all seriousness, Eric Steinbach and one of the top corners would be allsome.

Steinbach now is actually a possibility with the emergence of Andrew Whitworth who has shown equal versatility this year...

From the same site. http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/nsneeds.html

"New Orleans Saints - LB, CB, TE
The Saints will surely look to add to the talent that they acquired this off season. A good place to start is at linebacker. Mark Simoneau holds down the middle, and has been a pleasant addition since being acquired from Philadelphia, but quality depth—and possibly a game-changing talent— at the linebacker position is needed. Another defensive concern is at cornerback. The age of the group makes young depth important to building a successful foundation as the team looks forward, even if the play has been solid. On offense, a big impact tight end will come in handy."

Don't get your hopes up. The saints need all the money they will have available to sign current saints. Drew Bress will get 12 million and change. Charles Grant is a free agent, Hollis Thomas needs a new contract. Stincomb is a free agent too. Maybe Colston's contract will need to be adjusted.

I don't think will be important players in the free agency market next season.

The Salary cap, that was set at 85.5 million in 2005. The new CBA jumped that number up to 102 million this year and it will jump to 109 million next year. We are currently something like 15 million (last projected numbers I saw) under the cap this year. We will have an additional 7 million in cap room next year with the increased cap (it will also increase every year after that). There shouldn't be much problem with the cap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom