2007 NFL Draft: Who we SHOULD have picked (1 Viewer)

Ragin Caucasian

Back in Black & Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hindsight is of course 20/20 i know. But we had needs and didn't fill anything.

Pretty much a waste (so far).

Rd Sel # Player Position School
1 27 Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
**So far nothing but potential. Looks scared to death out there and blinded by the lights. Did make a good TD catch in preseason though. We shall see.

Should have picked: Paul Posluszny LB Penn State

3 66 Usama Young CB Kent State
** Hasn't shown much. If you can't beat out the other DBs on this roster (besides McKenzie) then you have problems.

Should have picked: James Jones WR San Jose State

3 88 Andy Alleman G Akron
**Has succeded in only one thing this year, warming the bench. Oh, and looking like the Dad on the Incredibles.

Should have picked: Trent Edwards QB Stanford

4 107 Antonio Pittman RB Ohio State
**Was cut in favor of a UDFA. Complete waste of a pick.

Should have picked: Mason Crosby K Colorado

4 125 Jermon Bushrod T Towson
** Could compete for full time backup OT role. I would not change this pick.

5 145 David Jones CB Wingate
**Was cut in favor of the lame DBs on our roster.

Should have picked: Kevin Boss TE Western Oregon

7 220 Marvin Mitchell LB Tennessee
**Career special teamer. If you can't compete for any time at all with the LBs we had last year, you are probably not real good.

Should have picked: Ahmad Bradshaw RB Marshall

Yeah, if Meachem and Young don't pan out then we had a horrible draft. Polar opposite to 2006 offseason. I suspect the 2008 offseason will be somewhere in the middle.

I'm actually looking for a strong 08 draft. I wouldnt be suprise to pick up at least 2 or 3 starters CB, DT, and maybe WLB is morgan aint beastin

In retrospect, the answers are not difficult. Certainly, in the first round, David Harris.

I have been extremely critical of our 2007 draft and was expressing doubts shortly after the draft. On the other hand, I do believe that if you are going to criticize a team for its decisions, the criticism should take place at the time the decisions are made, not long after in hindsight.

At the time, I was not critical of the Meachem decision. However, I do not share the current optimism of some regarding that selection.

I like the hindsight draft idea, but no way do I go after Poz (and I was/am a huge Poz fan) after he missed practically the entire season with his second major knee injury in three years.

Round 1
Anthony Gonzales, WR, Ohio State

Round 3
Trent Edwards, QB, Stanford

Round 3
Brian Robison, DE, Texas

Round 4
Fred Bennett, CB, USC

Round 4
Jermon Bushrod, T, Towson

Round 5
Clifton Ryan, DT, Michigan State

Round 7
Ed Johnson, DT, Penn State

I like the hindsight draft idea, but no way do I go after Poz (and I was/am a huge Poz fan) after he missed practically the entire season with his second major knee injury in three years.

WHAT? He broke his forearm dude. And it was a freak thing at that. Had nothing to do with knees.

And he was leading the NFL in tackles before his injury.

Damn. You're right. I don't know what I was thinking...

I was totally against the Meachum pick, but had he turned out too be another colston, I would have eaten crow.... I am sure Paytons first draft we were wandering about some of the picks he made and they turned out too be pro-bowl talent .....

should have picked Troyt smith with our fourth instead of pitman. he'll be a great player one day and could have learned alot from brees as they are similar builds and alot of people were saying that troy smith was too short for the nfl

He is a tackling machine. Imagine him in there instead of Shanle.

Fujita, Vilma, Puz.

Good lord!
to be fair, Dan Morgan's injuries have been freak as well. His first was a freak injury due to the poor turf at Carolina's stadium. Years later he's injury prone. It's hard for me to lean that way when I see a lock in Gonzalez at a real need position for the Saints.

I guess the Bengals should have drafted Byron Leftwich instead of Carson Palmer... considering that Palmer didn't play a down his rookie season and Leftwich looked like a future star. There's a reason you draft on potential as well as ability and character.

Robert Meachem has the potential to be a star WR in this league with his size, athleticism and yards after catch ability. Just about every scout expected Steve Smith to perform well his rookie season. But they would all be lying to you if they thought Steve Smith would be a better WR over his career than Meachem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom