2007 Preliminary Hall of Fame nominees (4 Saints) (1 Viewer)

Yedace

Reaction score
<i>For those interested.</i>
<br>
The following four ex-Saints players made prelimenary nominees to the 2007 HOF

Jay Hilgenberg
Rickey Jackson
Sam Mills
Ken Stabler

<b>2007 Preliminary nominees - alphabetical </b>
Pro Football Hall of Fame
October 27, 2006
<br>
<b>FAQ about the Hall's selection process</b>

Charged with the vital task of continuing to be sure that new enshrinees are the finest the game has produced is the Pro Football Hall of Fame's 39-man Board of Selectors (see list below).

The Board consists of one media representative from each pro football city with two from New York, inasmuch as that city has two teams in the National Football League. A 33rd member is a representative of the Pro Football Writers of America and there are six at-large delegates.

With the exception of the PFWA representative who is appointed for a two-year term, all appointments are of the open-end variety and can be terminated only by retirement or resignation, as long as the member continues to attend meetings regularly.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Didn't Jay Hilgenberg play for the Bears. His brother Joel played here. Unless he (Jay) came in for a year which I don't think he did, the list would be three former Saints.

If Harry Carson is in, then Rickey Jackson definitly should get in. Unfortunatly he has been getting snubbed ever since he became eligible.

It would be great if Rickey & Sam could get in at the same time......they both deserve it.

Jay did play down here for one season and started when his brother was hurt....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom