2007 Saints seven round mock draft (1 Viewer)

nextyear

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
1st Round
Marcus McCauley CB Fresno State
-Tall,Fast and great cover skills

2nd Round
H.B. Blades MLB Pitt
-Remember the last LB drafted by the Saints from Pitt?

3rd round
a. Dwayne Bowe WR LSU
-Could be Horns replacement

b.Travarous Bain CB Hampton
-Small school prospect with tremendous skills

4th Round
a.Kasey Studdard OG Texas
Good Size and Strength

b. Jordan Palmer QB UTEP
Just as good as his brother but played for a less talent loaded College

5th Round
Garrett Wolfe RB Northern Illinois
Nations leading rusher, great back up

6th Round
Kevin "Boo" McLee OLB West Virginia
Fast and sure tackler

7th Round
Justin Frick DT North Dakota State
Unknown steal form small school

little early for this but I like analyzing drafts.
Personally, I like Cason more than McCauley but that will depend alot on where we pick.
I like blades if he is there in the second.
Bowe will not be there in the third round.
I like wolfe but I think he is too small for our team or as a backup for our team. I would like a backup more like Deuce than reggie.
You got four small school prospects, only one of which I know about so I really can not comment on them.

yea bowe would just drop way too many balls and not be the clutch possesion wr horn was. i love joe

nobody hate on Bowe, he's my favorite LSU reciever. i don't think he'll be there in the 3rd round though, much less as the 32nd pick.

I would bet Blades and Bowe won't available where you have us picking them. Both could be first round picks.

That looks like a good draft to me. HB Blades is a monster even though he doesn't have top end athleticism. His Dad, Bennie was a pro bowler in the NFL at safety.

IMHO, if he's there in the 3rd (which would be a surprise), the Saints should take RB Brian Leonard out of Rutgers. This kid is a BEAST. At 6'2 234lbs, he could backup both the FB and RB positions, as well as having some packages in the offense suited to his talents. He's got very good hands, good speed, he runs hard, and he's a good blocker. Now, I love Deuce McAllister... he's probably my favorite Saints player of all-time, BUT the fact is he probably won't be here for more than 1 more year. Leonard could play the power back role in our offense after Deuce is gone, and Reggie's role is even bigger as the primary HB.

Adding Brian Leonard to this offense would be SICK! But that being said, the chances of him slipping far into the second round are looow. Bowe should also be long gone in the 3rd, and I think his draft position may get inflated after the combine.

b. Jordan Palmer QB UTEP
Just as good as his brother but played for a less talent loaded College

5th Round
Nations leading rusher, great back up

Will we really take a QB with a round 4 pick when we'll probably go with just 2 active again? Little chance of the 2nd QB being a rookie, and not much sense drafting one just to try to sneak him to the practice squad.

As for Wolfe, we tried that once with Troy Davis.

Otherwise, good picks and positions addressed, though it's too early to know how early most of these players will go.

... Bowe should also be long gone in the 3rd, and I think his draft position may get inflated after the combine.

I'm in the minority on this one, and I do think Dwayne Bowe is a very good player, but I'd rather see Craig "Buster" Davis end up coming our way in the 4th. Buster has shown himself to be a very dangerous punt returner... he's got explosive speed... very good RAC skills... and still has room for improvement.

Bowe will not be anywhere near the bottom of the 3rd round. No way does he make it out the 2nd.

Actually after reading this i realised how much i dont like this draft.

"b. Jordan Palmer QB UTEP Just as good as his brother but played for a less talent loaded College"

We dont need another QB and can go with our two

"5th Round
Nations leading rusher, great back up"

why do we need another when we have 4 as of now if you want to count McAfee

"7th Round
Justin Frick DT North Dakota State
Unknown steal form small school"

I would take one earlier since ours are getting old and we dont know if we are going to be able to re sign Hollis

We WILL take a QB at some point in this draft. Payton has pretty much said he wants one to develop and would like to take one every year if he could. That's what he does. Develops QBs.

As for Bowe, he's a fairly solid mid 2nd Rounder, but anything can happen, its the draft. I could see scenarios where certain Juniors come out and some WRs shoot up draft boards at the combine, leaving Bowe to the 3rd. But I still think he gets picked early to mid 2nd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom