2007 Saints seven round mock draft (1 Viewer)

I only see three guys going ahead of Bowe, and that is Johnson, Jarrett and Ginn. The guy is 6'3 and 225 lbs and I have stood next to him he looks bigger than 6'3. Everyone says he drops balls, but that did not occur that much at all this year. Something he did show he can do that I always questioned was him stretching the field and YAC. Those numbers went way up over the last couple years. He showed great moves in the open field and good break away speed.

That's what most people don't understand. Bowe could have been considered legally blind. He had eye surgery and has looked spectacular.

You guys are killing me, talking about taking a RB on the first day. :)

After I finish enjoying the season the Saints are currently playing and I really get down to looking at the new crop of players, I will be hoping the Saints go for defensive players exclusively during the first day of picking, with the possible exceptions of a potentially great WR who drops in the second or third round or a stud offensive lineman who slips. Otherwise, I want at least one, if not two CBs, a LB or two, and one high round DL (a DT contingent on what happens with Grant). If they have four picks the first day, they could leave the defense well stocked with good young talent, especially when you consider that Grant, Will Smith, Harper and Bullocks are still quite young and that's just the starters.

Ultimately, I agree with the philosophy that you should fill holes during free agency and draft the best player available as the draft comes to you. But you don't do crazy things, like drafting a QB on the first day when your current QB is a Pro Bowl starter and has a longterm deal or a RB when you have a 1,000-yard rusher who played at 85-95 % and a #2 overall pick at the position. I could justify a WR because of Horn's age/injury status and Henderson inconsistency. But not a QB or RB and almost never a TE in the first round.

Last edited:
So many WideRecievers coming out this year.... wouldnt suprise me too see Bowe drop too the third round......

Personally, I think Peyton will draft the best overall player, over need..... so nothing is out of the question. In my opinion...... However, I would have to say RB is out of the possibilties..... unless however, stecker's contract is up..... with Deuce, Reggie, and Stecker..... doubt we would even consider drafting a RB...... FB maybe......

I just hope we get us a STUD LB or DT....... tired of seeing teams run all over are defense....

it's way EARLY to see what kind of players were going to draft...

i made a little mini-mock only till the 4th round though....heres my .2 cents....

1: Paul Poslusynzy (LB, PSU)- we would move him to MLB and he is a payton player.
2: Fred Bennett (CB, USC)- our starting CB for the future and possibly his rookie year.
3a: Justin Harrell (UT, DT)- guy is a BEAST with the run, and he is a Vol, so.........
3b: Clark Harris (RU, TE)- our receiving threat we have needed.
4a: Tyler Palko (QB, PITT)- we need a devlopmental QB and Martin is 36, and counting.

so far, thats what i have down on my mock...

You guys are killing me, talking about taking a RB on the first day. :)

After I finish enjoying the season the Saints are currently playing and I really get down to looking at the new crop of players, I will be hoping the Saints go for defensive players exclusively during the first day of picking, with the possible exceptions of a potentially great WR who drops in the second or third round or a stud offensive lineman who slips. Otherwise, I want at least one, if not two CBs, a LB or two, and one high round DL (a DT contingent on what happens with Grant). If they have four picks the first day, they could leave the defense well stocked with good young talent, especially when you consider that Grant, Will Smith, Harper and Bullocks are still quite young and that's just the starters.

Ultimately, I agree with the philosophy that you should fill holes during free agency and draft the best player available as the draft comes to you. But you don't do crazy things, like drafting a QB on the first day when your current QB is a Pro Bowl starter and has a longterm deal or a RB when you have a 1,000-yard rusher who played at 85-95 % and a #2 overall pick at the position. I could justify a WR because of Horn's age/injury status and Henderson inconsistency. But not a QB or RB and almost never a TE in the first round.

This is what alot of guys are having trouble understanding. People seem to think we need to go into the draft and go after Defense on the 1st day, or LB then DT then TE (or something to that effect) In reality the way to have the most successful draft is to go into it without expecting a certain position. If we need a LB and a DT but theres a WR that can really help the team, Coach will take the WR.

Everytime someone brings up drafting an offensive player someone says "we need to draft all defense" - that doesn't make sense.

Dwayne Bowe is a beast. I would love to see him in a Saints uni opposite Colston for years to come. He catches, gets open, is strong, and can block. ... Sounds like Colston a little bit.

i made a little mini-mock only till the 4th round though....heres my .2 cents....

1: Paul Poslusynzy (LB, PSU)- we would move him to MLB and he is a payton player.
2: Fred Bennett (CB, USC)- our starting CB for the future and possibly his rookie year.
3a: Justin Harrell (UT, DT)- guy is a BEAST with the run, and he is a Vol, so.........
4a: Tyler Palko (QB, PITT)- we need a devlopmental QB and Martin is 36, and counting.

Paul P. is overrated (not very) but overrated. I think he's good but not as good as Pat Willis and Buster Davis. As far as CB goes i think Leon Hall is gonna be gone, but I understand Marcus McCully (sp?) is pretty darn good. I'd like to know more about him.

I would agree with #4 absolutely. If he is there in the 4th I say get him, I think he will be a good NFL quarterback with the right coaching.

nobody hate on Bowe, he's my favorite LSU reciever. i don't think he'll be there in the 3rd round though, much less as the 32nd pick.

some folks here love to bash the Tigers. If there are two players of the same position and one is a Tiger they will chose the other person.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom