2007 Saints seven round mock draft (1 Viewer)

I'm in the minority on this one, and I do think Dwayne Bowe is a very good player, but I'd rather see Craig "Buster" Davis end up coming our way in the 4th. Buster has shown himself to be a very dangerous punt returner... he's got explosive speed... very good RAC skills... and still has room for improvement.

you find this a good read. i myself think Davis will be a great pro and probably is more reliable than Bowe. you don't catch a pass in every game you play and not be good.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insider/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=2695049

We WILL take a QB at some point in this draft. Payton has pretty much said he wants one to develop and would like to take one every year if he could. That's what he does. Develops QBs.

But that doesn't make any sense. This is only Brees's 6th year. Hell, Favre is in his 16th season. Barring injury, we will have Brees for 5 or 6 years at least. Why draft a QB and groom him to be someone else's winner?

Why help out other ballclubs?

I'm in the minority on this one, and I do think Dwayne Bowe is a very good player, but I'd rather see Craig "Buster" Davis end up coming our way in the 4th. Buster has shown himself to be a very dangerous punt returner... he's got explosive speed... very good RAC skills... and still has room for improvement.

You're exactly right, either Bowe or Davis could be very good. I watch alot of college football (especially LSU), Bowe catches EVERYTHING since his eye surgery and Davis has great hands and is good with YAC. Bowe is strong and is an amazing blocker.

Someone said that Bowe could be Horn's replacement and I agree, Bowe and Colston are big strong can catch and can block.

nobody hate on Bowe, he's my favorite LSU reciever. i don't think he'll be there in the 3rd round though, much less as the 32nd pick.

Bowe is probably a late 2nd early 3rd round pick. That is all the stuff I'm seeing about him from the scouts early analysis.

Matt Spaeth would fit our needs best but I doubt any TE gets taken in the first round honestly. We won't draft a TE with our #1 either way.

Actually after reading this i realised how much i dont like this draft.

"b. Jordan Palmer QB UTEP Just as good as his brother but played for a less talent loaded College"

We dont need another QB and can go with our two

"5th Round
Garrett Wolfe RB Northern Illinois
Nations leading rusher, great back up"

why do we need another when we have 4 as of now if you want to count McAfee

1. We are almost invariably going to draft a QB somewhere. Jamie Martin is 37 years old. Jason Fife will probably get some competition for the 3rd QB in camp (A-Mac, if he comes back?).

2. Garrett Wolfe is probably a bit of a luxury pick with Deuce, Bush, and Stecker. However, Stecker has been hurt for most of this season. Will he be back next year?

On Kipers latest senior board that came out today he has 3 LSU players in his top 25. Landry #6, Bowe #15( yes #15), and Davis #25.

On Kipers latest senior board that came out today he has 3 LSU players in his top 25. Landry #6, Bowe #15( yes #15), and Davis #25.

The boards change QUICKLY once the Juniors declare, and especially after the combine and private workouts. Guys who are considered 1st rounders right now could be in the 3rd round come April.

But that doesn't make any sense. This is only Brees's 6th year. Hell, Favre is in his 16th season. Barring injury, we will have Brees for 5 or 6 years at least. Why draft a QB and groom him to be someone else's winner?

Why help out other ballclubs?

You're kidding right? This has become really common in the league. Most of the guys who are considered "QB gurus" do this with whatever team they are with. You pickup a young guy and you bring him along over a couple of years as the team's 3rd QB to eventually become a backup or, more importantly, to trade him away.

I don't know that we'll pick Palmer, but I'm thinking a 6th round pick QB from a smaller school is a HIGH probability.

I only see three guys going ahead of Bowe, and that is Johnson, Jarrett and Ginn. The guy is 6'3 and 225 lbs and I have stood next to him he looks bigger than 6'3. Everyone says he drops balls, but that did not occur that much at all this year. Something he did show he can do that I always questioned was him stretching the field and YAC. Those numbers went way up over the last couple years. He showed great moves in the open field and good break away speed.

Since everyone went straight for the lsu player on this list,
I will hype my boy Boo from WVU. He's supafly. :)
ya homers..... :)

6th Round
Kevin "Boo" McLee OLB West Virginia
Fast and sure tackler

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom