2008 Album Releases (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I am going to grab Flogging Molly's new album (Float). I understand it's a very good one. I know The Raconteurs threw out a new album (Consolers Of The Lonely). Anyone listen to it yet? Broken Boy Soldiers was a very good debut album and I am curious as to exactly how much creativity Jack Black actually possesses.

Anyone hear any of the following albums yet?
  • Fortress by Protest The Hero
  • Love Behind The Melody by Raheem DeVaughn
  • A Mad & Faithful Telling by DeVotchKa
  • Brighter Than Creation's Dark by Drive-By Truckers
  • Vampire Weekend by Vampire Weekend
  • Street Horrrsing by **** Buttons
Other albums to look forward to (soon):
  • Attack & Release by The Black Keys
  • For my Friends by Blind Melon
  • Indestructible by Disturbed
The Eagles of Death Metal also have an album in the works as well as The Future heads, Wolfmother, Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs and Von Bondies.

Lots of potential for a good year in music. It can't get worse than 2007...

I have the new Raconteurs album. I only listened to it once today, and haven't had a chance to let it sink in, so I'll let you know asap.

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to The Black Keys and Wolfmother albums. They have become fast favorites of mine.

I love A punk from vampire weekend.

After that I am waiting for the Carter III.

chris cornell has a solo album coming out.....i think it's this year anyway

The Black Keys album is really good. Danger Mouse did the production on it instead of the band so it's a different sound. Big drums(imagine that) but it's a good thing. Overall I like the production.

Listen to the Raconteurs album a few times and I really enjoy it.

**** Buttons I only have listen to once and I didn't enjoy it all that much but it's not easy to digest. I will give it another go.

I think VW are terrible. The songs are boring and they don't seem very inspired.

Wow. I was just looking at the concert dates for TBKs and saw them in Indy in April. they're playing at The Vogue. Two days later Clutch is playing at the same venue. Tickets for both are $20.

I may have to take a couple days off work...

Also, how is it that they have never performed in New Orleans?

LMAO. I didn't hear any "Amens". Perhaps Mike has learned how to hold a microphone correctly by now? I have no problems with Faith No More. It's the rest of the world that does...

I thought FNM were great. But it seems as though ol' Mike is trying to over-compensate for something he is currently "missing", something he once held firmly in his grip.

Like say, for instance, stardom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom