2008 Draft: OT Michael Oher changing his mind on entering the draft early (1 Viewer)

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Best decision for him, a lot of other Junior OTs had declared for this years draft as well making it pretty heavy at that position.

Best decision for him, a lot of other Junior OTs had declared for this years draft as well making it pretty heavy at that position.

I think it may be a good decision. Right now, he would rank as my third rated OT behind Jake Long and Ryan Clady. If he returns for his senior season and has another outstanding year, he could emerge as a top 5 candidate next year.

I think it may be a good decision. Right now, he would rank as my third rated OT behind Jake Long and Ryan Clady. If he returns for his senior season and has another outstanding year, he could emerge as a top 5 candidate next year.

Well, conventional wisdom says with all of the Junior OTs declaring for the 08 draft, the 09 draft will be pretty thin at OT. So Oher has a chance to be one of the most coveted prospects in the 09 draft, especially with a year under Markuson. It's a good decision for him.

Have any of you read the book about Micheal Oher? It was a very good read and makes you root for the kid and feel nothing but joy for him and how his life seems to be turning out.

ya..its called "The Blind Side" by Michael Lewis...i really enjoyed the book alot

It's somewhat of a risk (injury), he would have been top 20 easy. Next year, he's probably top 5.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom