2008 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings & Reviews (1 Viewer)

Thanks for posting.

Enjoyed reading on Lauranaitis and Dan Conner, both sound like the real deal.

Would be sweet to get JL in 1st and Conner in 2nd.......of course we would need a huge FA CB signing to go with that. Doubt Conner makes it back to us in 2nd though.

Last edited:
Do like the Kenny Phillips review. However, with Harper and Kaesviharn, I think we can get by at safety especially if Bullocks can lose the incriminating photos he must have of SP. I think the more pressing need is CB, where we have nobody outside of the injured Mike McKenzie who we can get by with. Even if we get a Samuel in free agency, I would still go with a CB or even a DT like Ellis before going safety.

Do like the Kenny Phillips review. However, with Harper and Kaesviharn, I think we can get by at safety especially if Bullocks can lose the incriminating photos he must have of SP. I think the more pressing need is CB, where we have nobody outside of the injured Mike McKenzie who we can get by with. Even if we get a Samuel in free agency, I would still go with a CB or even a DT like Ellis before going safety.

Harper was just as bad, if not worse then Bullocks this year. KK had one average game playing mostly in the strong safety position after looking aweful in spot duty most of the year. We are no better off at Safety then we are at CB.

Last edited:
Kenny Phillips would be a good call. I'd be happy to get him, but still think we should entertain trade down offers. For instance LB Rey Maualuga and CB Chevis Jackson would be fair compensation for the 10th pick, we could move down the board and scoop up players like this because the Saints have a lot of holes to fill.

Last edited:
Not mentioned on that list is DT Pat Sims who recently declared for the draft. I don't know about taking him at 10, but cases can be made for him being the second best DT in the draft. May be we could trade back a few spots and still pick him up and another draft pick or if we're lucky he'll drop to us at our second pick.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/01/08/bc.fbc.t25.auburn.sims.ap/index.html

Pat Sims entering the draft might open up the possibility of Texas monster DT Frank Okam falling out of the 1st RD. If he's there in the 2nd, I hope we draft him. At 6'5 320, the kid is giant run stuffer. His presence will allow our ENDS to become double digit sack guys.

I can't drink the Kool-Aid on any site that rates Antoine Cason as its #5 prospect... not to mention it spelled James Laurinaitis' name incorrectly. Shawn Crable at #50?

will-arnett-picture-1.jpg

[size=+50]COME ON![/size]

Im starting to like the idea of trading down a little bit in the first round for 2 first round picks or first and additional second. there seems to be some defensive talent around and we need to plug a lot of holes. a nice wave of youth on D that turns into starters would be great for making it a solid unit for a few years.

I have to disagree with you Bonch. Special K was an upgrade over Bullocks when he was in there. Still think CB is a greater need. Although it does look like the scouting reports might project Phillips as more of an impact player than CB Jenkins from OSU. I would still go corner. You know, come to think of it, 2 years ago we brought in a ton of safeties. Last year we brought in several corners. Who is evaluating the DB's in our org? Or is it a question of the scheme or position coach?

It doesn't look like ProFootballWeekly.com is too high on Phillips.

Phillips entered the season with the most hype, having flashed big-time ability from the time he was a freshman. However, his junior season was very inconsistent, he gave up too much ground in coverage and turned down some contact. Although to his credit, he did play through an ankle injury that affected his ability to transition, and he finished with a career-high 95 tackles.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/positionrptDB.htm

I don't know too much about him but it doesn't sound like he is the next Ed Reed or Bob Sanders, so I would pass at #10.

It doesn't look like ProFootballWeekly.com is too high on Phillips.

Phillips entered the season with the most hype, having flashed big-time ability from the time he was a freshman. However, his junior season was very inconsistent, he gave up too much ground in coverage and turned down some contact. Although to his credit, he did play through an ankle injury that affected his ability to transition, and he finished with a career-high 95 tackles.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/positionrptDB.htm

I don't know too much about him but it doesn't sound like he is the next Ed Reed or Bob Sanders, so I would pass at #10.

The dude played thru a bad ankle and still set a career high in tackles? Man if he runs sub 4-4 he'll be off the board at 10...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom