2008 Republican Primary (1 Viewer)

2008 Republican Primary

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like my candidates to have curb appeal AND a good floorplan.

Hillary and McCain are in the Historic district.

Ron Paul comes with a trampoline to jump on.

Romney changes locations more than the evil place on Krull.

Huckabee does not believe in renovations.

Guilliani is located in a secluded place where not many can see him.....now I'm just stetching...

I TOTALLY wish an independant (preferably Libertarian) candidate would put forth a real run for President. I'm sick of our two party system!!!!

I second that emotion. I was too young to vote, but the first campaign I had interest in was 1980 and I passed out fliers for John Anderson and the National Unity Party. Too bad he had no chance. I hoped it was the start of the overthrow of the two party system, but all these later, they still rule the roost.

Originally posted by TPS
The really cool thing, and it was in a CNN or MSNBC blurb today online, is that McCain and Obama are ends-around party establishment (DNC & RNC). This is certainly a step in the right direction.
And I agree with you, Steve. I can only hope whichever one wins (go away, Hildebeast) continues to walk that line, making their party change toward them rather than getting sucked down into the establishment BS of their party.

and Paul seemed to ramble too much to be president (great ideas, no *****, he's make a good VP or advisor).

Paul , to me , never really rambled but I knew exactly where he was coming from . On the other hand , I could see how he would give that impression . His platform takes the boldest step - he wants to take an entrenched fraudulent system (IMO) and turn it upside down .
Maybe the impression of rambling in a public setting was because he could sense the crosshairs on him ?

I like a lot of what the Huckster says. I also don't like the god constitution. I may could look past that if it was the only issue but it isn't. There are many good preachers out there but some of the shadiest people I have met are ministers. If Huckabee wasn't a preacher the fact that he got caught with a prostitute wouldn't bother me nearly as much but he is so it does. It does bother me that he used his position of governor to get his son out of trouble after hanging and beating a stray dog. I love the fair tax but think 23% is insane and would discourage consumer spending and actually increase the taxes for a large percentage of the population. On top of all this he had a ton of ethics violations and made a horrible decision going to bat for a convicted felon that raped and killed after being released from prison thanks to Hucks suggestion.

The ethics wouldn't bother me quite as bad if he wasn't a preacher but if he is going to use the fact that he is a preacher to get votes and wear his religion on his shirt then you're damn right I'm going to hold him to a preacher's standards.

Civil liberties would be taken under Huckabee, he has said as much and it doesn't seem to bother him as much as a blink of the eye.

IMO Huckabee is a snake. It's funny too, he is winning the strong Christian group overwhelming and doing very poorly in just about every other demographic yet the Christian group swears they aren't voting for him because he is a preacher.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3oj_YtY-EZQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3oj_YtY-EZQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

If Huckabee wasn't a preacher the fact that he got caught with a prostitute wouldn't bother me nearly as much but he is so it does.

When was Huckabee caught with a prostitute (aside from other politicians)?

When was Huckabee caught with a prostitute (aside from other politicians)?

Curious about this claim too - hadn't heard that one.

Maybe the impression of rambling in a public setting was because he could sense the crosshairs on him ?

If that's the case do we want him debating with Hil or Obama? Better yet, Putin or Chavez?

I voted McCain because Rush and Anne don't like him. Seriously, he seems to play nice with others.

So your saying that we have no idea what color these houses really are, but you are sure that this other house is the color for you? Or that you have a different way of choosing houses other than the color? Because I like Mike's color, but I would vote for him because of his stance on the issues important to me, not just because his color is easy on the eyes. :mwink:
That's not even remotely close to what I was saying. Are you even here?

I could easily vote for McCain even though I would have voted for Ron Paul (and did in this poll) and also like Mike Huckabee. :shrug: TPS

TPS....I thought you were a bleeding heart liberal. Did I get you mixed up with someone else or did you have a change of heart?? :D

>>TPS....I thought you were a bleeding heart liberal. Did I get you mixed up with someone else or did you have a change of heart?? :D

A lot of people say that I am. Some think I'm too conservative. Really I'm more of a pick and choose my own issues person. I don't trust the 'establishment' and will tend to vote for the maverick unless like in 2004 and 1988, I had to go establishment because the other candidate. I don't vote based on party and am not particularly ideological. As stated in the past, I'm usually for the person who is going to take away the fewest of my individual liberties. I'm not talking about Chinese styled democracy, or for instance simply economic liberties, I'm more about the freedom to be left alone to find my own life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. It's all good though. I vote for Independents, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, etc.

TPS

You voted for Bush twice, weren't happy with it, decided you wouldn't compromise on McCain.....but wanted to vote for Romney?

I mean I follow the logic if it was Ron Paul or even Huckabee... but Romney?
+1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom