2008 Republican Primary (1 Viewer)

2008 Republican Primary

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for McCain in 2000 and then voted for Ralph Nader when McCain didn't get the nomination.

My math ain't so good since I got off the drugs, but could you vote in 2000? You must have barely made that cut

George W Bush has almost turned me into a democrat. I TOTALLY wish an independant (preferably Libertarian) candidate would put forth a real run for President. I'm sick of our two party system!!!!

I voted for Bush twice. Kill me. Kill Me. Kill me!!!!!!

It's my fault! It's my fault! It's my fault!!!!!

I voted for Bush twice, he wasnt't what i really wanted but i looked at the alternative and hopped for the best. So my position is now that I will not longer settle for the lesser of two evils.I won't vote for anyone just because the other guy is worse. All that does to me is to continue to lead a party in the wrong the direction.

You voted for Bush twice, weren't happy with it, decided you wouldn't compromise on McCain.....but wanted to vote for Romney?

I mean I follow the logic if it was Ron Paul or even Huckabee... but Romney?

Yep, I blame you Bayouboy. I voted Gore, then Kerry because I wanted Bush out at that time. Gore got robbed literally. Kerry wasn't fast on the attack and it killed him. McCain I cannot stand, he does not know what he is talking about most of the time. Plus, I voted Kerry because John Edwards was on the ticket. I wish he would still be in the race.

They say the New York guy could spend close to a half a billion on an independent run. That would take alot of conservative votes I'm assuming. This would be the best time for him to run independent based on the competition to me.

They say the New York guy could spend close to a half a billion on an independent run. That would take alot of conservative votes I'm assuming. This would be the best time for him to run independent based on the competition to me.

I've actually heard that he would probably pull more votes from the Democrat candidate. I've also heard that he probably won't run unless Hillary is the nominee.

>>I can say with a certain amount of pride i've never voted for George Bush.

I can additionally say that I've never voted for anyone who won the Presidency which means that I have never voted for a Bush, a Clinton or Reagan.

:worthy:

>>I honestly don't see what people see in McCain. What is it about him, will someone please enlighten me? Is it because of the competition around him being so bad or do people actually like him?

He's a pretty honest and straight-forward guy. He is also willing to deliberate over and debate issues which is something we haven't seen in the White House in a while. He is also an American hero who has given decades of great service to the country. I could easily vote for McCain even though I would have voted for Ron Paul (and did in this poll) and also like Mike Huckabee. :shrug: The really cool thing, and it was in a CNN or MSNBC blurb today online, is that McCain and Obama are ends-around party establishment (DNC & RNC). This is certainly a step in the right direction.

TPS

There isnt really a candidate in this election I care to see as President. Of the candidates on your poll I guess I would vote for McCain or MAYBE the Huckster. Like I said though, Im not really pulling for any of them.

WELL.....

I started off not likeing Romney or Guilliani at all...I just don't trust them. Thompson came across as too 'old guard' to me and Paul seemed to ramble too much to be president (great ideas, no *****, he's make a good VP or advisor).

So...McCain or Huckabee. I first started likeing Huckabee (the dude plays bass, what's more to a president?). Then I didn't like the 'constitution to God's Law' and 'no evolution' stuff, so I went to McCain.

Then it hit me. What issues are actually going to come into play in the next four years?
I am STRONGLY against abortion and for Civil Unions for gays but will that really matter? I think 'no'.

IMO, the important issues in the next four years are the war, taxes, and immagration....and I prefer the Hucksters stances on those. He also strikes me (with Obama) as the most sincere of the candidates.

I sorta like Mike.

I don't know how anyone could vote for Mike Huckabee. Anyone who has made his living influencing the masses should throw up a huge red flag. He's slick and very personable (seems sincere), which is great for a guy who likes to avoid the issues and "play politics". You might as well elect Karl Rove as President.

Give me the guy that both sides of the aisle likes to take shots at...

If that's your beef against Huckabee than how can you actually vote for anyone? Just saying, what you said seems like most of them, unless they are the type that you just know they're lying to you.

Simple. I can vote for one of them because they're not all like that. Choosing a candidate because he sounds good is like buying a house because you like the color.

So your saying that we have no idea what color these houses really are, but you are sure that this other house is the color for you? Or that you have a different way of choosing houses other than the color? Because I like Mike's color, but I would vote for him because of his stance on the issues important to me, not just because his color is easy on the eyes. :mwink:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom