2008 Saints Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

I'd be so ****** if we took Balmer at 10 my head would probably explode!

Incoming from people who do not believe Balmer will be a top ten pick. They are right, he won't.

Those people being people who have never seen him play. Guy's got tons of potential, a solid build, great athleticism and the FO seems to love him... so what do the people here know that they don't? For the record, I'm not endorsing his selection, but if that is the pick, I'll support it.

Those people being people who have never seen him play. Guy's got tons of potential, a solid build, great athleticism and the FO seems to love him... so what do the people here know that they don't? For the record, I'm not endorsing his selection, but if that is the pick, I'll support it.

No, the people that have heard a million times that he's a basket-case and a potential 10 to 20 in Angola if we sign him! Build and athleticism is only half of it,you have to have a decent head on your shoulders to be a top ten pick

No, the people that have heard a million times that he's a basket-case and a potential 10 to 20 in Angola if we sign him! Build and athleticism is only half of it,you have to have a decent head on your shoulders to be a top ten pick

Thanks, I'm aware it's more than athleticism; I'm just using that as an argument to counter the Sully comparisons. Where has it ever been said that he's a basket case?

The thing is, Balmer could be good. But no one projects him as a top 10 pick. If the Saints really wanted him, the thing to do would be to trade down and get him, or trade up from the 2nd round spot. If the Saints picked Balmer, who would they be passing up? Ellis? Mendenhall? Jenkins? Rivers? That's the key.

Unless there is dramatic movement on people's boards, I don't see the Saints taking him at 10.

I like the picks...except for the first one. I hope we trade up to get the DT we really want or trade down to get some more picks.

The thing is, Balmer could be good. But no one projects him as a top 10 pick. If the Saints really wanted him, the thing to do would be to trade down and get him, or trade up from the 2nd round spot. If the Saints picked Balmer, who would they be passing up? Ellis? Mendenhall? Jenkins? Rivers? That's the key.

Unless there is dramatic movement on people's boards, I don't see the Saints taking him at 10.

Well, obviously, if Ellis is on the board, there's no discussion. Mendenhall? Well, as long as we're on the subject of one-year wonders, I'd take the one that fills a need. Rivers is good, but we can get a solid LB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Jenkins? Both are projected to be mid-1st players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom