2009 draft picks (1 Viewer)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I want to give huge props to Malcom Jenkins firts. Morstead (sp?) looks great so far-- that kick inside the 3 was beauty-- and with Arnoux and Vaughn in the wings (surely one is a keeper) to serve as red shirts prospects, we have, essentially, gotten immediate impact from 2 picks and a high upside for the next 2-5 years from 2 other picks, from this year's class. Customarily, this year's picks are expected to show their worth in years 2-5.

If a team gets 2 or 3 solid keepers that's success right? What if we get 4?

I have Malcom pegged as our ROY already. Nice job from the scouts and FO on this draft so far.

fixt

Last edited:
C'mon someone's got gimme a who dat or something right? Don't everyone type at once :hihi:

oh no...

i'm not getting into this right now. i'll wait till after the season.

but props to leroy and moorestead for being able to survive OTAs and traning camp to make some kind of contribution this year. malcom and moorestead have been beasts on special teams.

Per Sean Payton, Jenkins has accounted for 14 points, based on his forced fumbles. How many other 1st rounders have done that?

Who dat!

Per Sean Payton, Jenkins has accounted for 14 points, based on his forced fumbles. How many other 1st rounders have done that?

Who dat!

Runs down a sure TD that ends up only being 3, forces a fumble the next week and then forces and recovers a fumble this week. Great tackles and nice blocks. He's already working into the packages that were just 2 weeks ago packages that Gay played.

Has Jenkins cracked the starting lineup yet? He has been doing good on ST for sure. That was a good FF last game. He punched that ball right out. I think he has a bright future. I don't know if he will get DROY if he is just playing on ST, but he looks solid.
Its hard transitioning to the NFL in the secondary. Things are much faster and much more complicated. I wouldn't set my expectations too high from him this year. Just sit back and let him learn.
I wasn't a big fan of Arnoux when yall drafted him. I did like the Vaughn pick. He is a big dude, but the knock on him was he is a liablity in coverage.....Roman Harper anyone? :)
Just be glad your guy is healthy. William Moore is JUST now getting back healthy.

He's not ready for prime time evidently, but I'm sure he'll work his way in on nickel. Porter and Greer so far have been lights out. I've seen Gay blow some plays at nickel, but MJ hasn't gotten the call over him yet. He is a ball hawk for sure, though, that was one of his big strengths in the draft. I'm looking forward to him becoming the nickel, but I can't see him working his way above Greer and Porter unless one of them drops off significantly or goes down.

Who dat!

Pretty impressive.

Though not on turnovers, Percy Harvin has accounted for 21 points and Sanchez has accounted for more than that.

Has Jenkins cracked the starting lineup yet? He has been doing good on ST for sure. That was a good FF last game. He punched that ball right out. I think he has a bright future. I don't know if he will get DROY if he is just playing on ST, but he looks solid.
Its hard transitioning to the NFL in the secondary. Things are much faster and much more complicated. I wouldn't set my expectations too high from him this year. Just sit back and let him learn.
I wasn't a big fan of Arnoux when yall drafted him. I did like the Vaughn pick. He is a big dude, but the knock on him was he is a liablity in coverage.....Roman Harper anyone? :)
Just be glad your guy is healthy. William Moore is JUST now getting back healthy.

Barring injury to Porter or Greer I doubt Jenkins will start this year at all. Unless weeks 16 and or 17 we decide to sit one since we have already locked up Home field!

Who dat!
Lets not forget he plays defense,i'm really liking both picks,also i like UDFA they brought in too..i would love see Johnathan C. on Special Teams Sunday. he's one i noticed in the pre-season on punt coverage seemed to be the 1st or 2nd guy down feild on every punt.Did JC play sunday vs the bills?I Thought i saw #52:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom