2009 Feeling (1 Viewer)

cant

Rookie
Reaction score
2011, 2018, 2019 we had great seasons. We went 13-3 and looked like a great team, but it seemed we had weaknesses (defense 2011, wr o-line injuries 2018 2019), it felt like we were good but I never got that 2009 this is the year feeling.

I love watching this team play. Defense is playing lights out and we have all our playmakers back on offense besides Drew. Team looks like a brotherhood playing for each other, defense dancing and offense being so happy when Taysom scored his 2 TD’s.

I haven’t had this much fun and trust that we are going to win since 2009, this has been a special season with how it started at 1-2. Let’s enjoy the ride guys, this is only the halfway point.

The 38-3 victory over a good Bucs team is worth noting. I firmly believe championship teams have to have another gear where they can completely dominate a quality opponent. In 09, we did that on MNF vs. the Pats, in Philly vs. a playoff Eagles team, and in the divisional round vs. the defending NFC Champs AZ. In 2018, we did it in the 48-7 win vs. the defending Super Bowl champs PHI. In 2011, we comfortably beat the eventual Super Bowl champ Giants and routed a playoff ATL squad. In 06, we did it on Sunday night vs. a playoff bound Cowboys team.

Last year, I wasn't sold on us as a championship contender b/c we never showed that extra gear against a quality opponent. Our most dominant wins were vs. a not-good Colts team and a Panthers team that had quit at the end of the season. Granted, we had injuries but it too often felt like we were barely skating by.

This year's team has proven it can be dominant against a quality opponent. I don't know if we'll see it through to the end (2011, 18, and 06 didn't despite IMO having the ability to do so), but I really think we're capable of winning it all.

2011, 2018, 2019 we had great seasons. We went 13-3 and looked like a great team, but it seemed we had weaknesses (defense 2011, wr o-line injuries 2018 2019), it felt like we were good but I never got that 2009 this is the year feeling.

I love watching this team play. Defense is playing lights out and we have all our playmakers back on offense besides Drew. Team looks like a brotherhood playing for each other, defense dancing and offense being so happy when Taysom scored his 2 TD’s.

I haven’t had this much fun and trust that we are going to win since 2009, this has been a special season with how it started at 1-2. Let’s enjoy the ride guys, this is only the halfway point.

I felt it early that year and even placed a wager on it. I don’t feel it this year but we are playing well.

Idk I certainly had the "2009 feeling" in 2018. A lot of the same stuff happened in both seasons too! Everything was shaping up to be a 2009 repeat until you know what happened on 1/20/2019.
This.

I'd like to know OP, how did you NOT have a 2009 feeling in 2018? We were thrashing teams for like a month, the Choppa Style craze took over the city and the whole league, we got the #1 seed, the city was on fire...I'm just genuinely curious what bout 2020 is different than 2018 that you have this feeling now but didn't then?

This.

I'd like to know OP, how did you NOT have a 2009 feeling in 2018? We were thrashing teams for like a month, the Choppa Style craze took over the city and the whole league, we got the #1 seed, the city was on fire...I'm just genuinely curious what bout 2020 is different than 2018 that you have this feeling now but didn't then?
The offense began to sputter a bit after those Cinci and Philly beat downs, I believe it started with that TNF game against Dallas. Later Unger admitted he hit his age wall and didn’t play the same, so the o-line in general took a hit. They had some good games after that against Pitt and Carolina, but it didn’t feel the same. Then our first playoff matchup against Philly we won thanks to our defense and a late drop by Jeffrey which Lattimore intercepted.

We still should’ve beaten the Rams and I think we would’ve beaten NE. But this year if Drew comes back healthy it looks like this team is firing on all cylinders. No deteriorating o-line to worry about, we have plenty of weapons outside of MT and AK, looks like we have the best d-line in the league. Barring injuries I don’t see this train slowing down like it did in 2018.

I’ve had that 2009 feeling the last 3 years.

2018 Was the season I had the 2009 feelings and we know exactly what happened to those feelings thanks to the officiating or should I say lack there of on that last game of the season. And no I haven't had those feelings since. That season ending robbed me of probably ever having them again.
I've still got that "We were robbed" sign somewhere around here.

The offense began to sputter a bit after those Cinci and Philly beat downs, I believe it started with that TNF game against Dallas. Later Unger admitted he hit his age wall and didn’t play the same, so the o-line in general took a hit. They had some good games after that against Pitt and Carolina, but it didn’t feel the same. Then our first playoff matchup against Philly we won thanks to our defense and a late drop by Jeffrey which Lattimore intercepted.

We still should’ve beaten the Rams and I think we would’ve beaten NE. But this year if Drew comes back healthy it looks like this team is firing on all cylinders. No deteriorating o-line to worry about, we have plenty of weapons outside of MT and AK, looks like we have the best d-line in the league. Barring injuries I don’t see this train slowing down like it did in 2018.
Well going by this logic, we still have a long way to go for possible issues to creep up with in 2020 because these issues you speak of about 2018 didn't arise until this very week of that year.

Plus 2009 had the three game losing streak (one of those we punted the game to Carolina but still) so it's not like things were always peaches and cream that year too.

But I respect your feeling. I hope the 2020-21 postseason ends the way 2009-2010's did. :9:

Well going by this logic, we still have a long way to go for possible issues to creep up with in 2020 because these issues you speak of about 2018 didn't arise until this very week of that year.

Plus 2009 had the three game losing streak (one of those we punted the game to Carolina but still) so it's not like things were always peaches and cream that year too.

But I respect your feeling. I hope the 2020-21 postseason ends the way 2009-2010's did. :9:
I will agree with your last statement sir

"But I respect your feeling. I hope the 2020-21 postseason ends the way 2009-2010's did"

Another beat down similar beatdown like they against Tampa and I'll probably start feeling it again. I had it in 2018, but after the Dallas game, it went away. They got the number one seed that year, but it didn't feel the same like 2009.

Not should have beaten the Rams. Did beat the Rams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom