2009 NFC Championship (1 Viewer)

Five turnovers, but yet we almost lost. We hit Farve a number of times during the game. But there was nothing unusual about how physical the game it was--it was a championship game where the level of play is watched up.

And ironically I think our best chance to will another Super Bowl was not 2018 when we lost the conference championship in overtime, but 2011 and 2017 when we we lost in the second round.
It was a standard Saints game of this era.

Offense showed up and gave you all the points you needed to win if the defense would just play “ok”. The difference with that game was the turnovers, and that season was the turnovers.

I just watched this game, as during this pandemic, I have been watching the entire season on NFL gamepass (Miami and Detroit not available???).

Because I saw this thread before watching the game, I started keeping track. Through the first half, I had Favre getting hit at least 6 times, although some were penalties so I don't know if they show up in the stats.

In the third quarter, I had 2 more, and the announcer also said at some point during the 3rd, that Favre had been hit 11 times, and then I counted at least 2 more in the rest of the game. I don't see any way the count on pro football reference can be correct even if the penalized hits don't count.

And no sacks!!!!

You realize Vikings fans feel about the 09 game like we do about the 49ers 2011 game?

And rightfully so.

Pretty sure there was only one roughing the passer call against Saints D. The high/low on Favre was not called on the field, and the network broadcast crew agreed- brutal, but legal.

Pretty sure there was only one roughing the passer call against Saints D. The high/low on Favre was not called on the field, and the network broadcast crew agreed- brutal, but legal.

I think it might have been 2, but there were a few other plays where a penalty occurred elsewhere on the field unrelated to the hit on the QB where the penalty was accepted, therefore the play doesn't count. I don't know if those hits show up in the statistics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom