2009 Regular season record prediction poll - Alabama Crimson Tide (1 Viewer)

Bama 09

• Total voters

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sep. 5 at Virginia Tech 7:00pm
Sep. 12 Florida Int'l TBA
Sep. 19 North Texas TBA
Sep. 26 Arkansas TBA
Oct. 3 at Kentucky TBA
Oct. 10 at Ole Miss TBA
Oct. 17 South Carolina TBA
Oct. 24 Tennessee TBA
Nov. 7 LSU TBA
Nov. 14 at Miss. State TBA
Nov. 21 Chattanooga TBA
Nov. 27 at Auburn 1:30pm

Average preseason rank: 5

Discuss

Bama's getting a lot of hype this year. They return most of a pretty stellar defense from last year, but lost a ton of talent on offense. Granted, there are probably studs waiting in the wings, but experience is not to be discounted. They'll be starting with a new QB and they lost three offensive lineman, including stalwart Andre Smith. New QB, new left tackle? How's that going to work.

I see them being a good team, but not a dominant one.

They should get by VT, but on further review it's going to be tough with all the new starters on offense. Ole Miss and LSU will be very tough games. Auburn and SC could be tests. They will continue to dominate Tennessee, whom you can really no longer call a "rival" due to the lopsidedness of the contests.

I see 2-3 losses. I'm torn between the two, but I'm going with three, because I suspect inexperience will get them in one game that they should have won.

They will continue to dominate Tennessee, whom you can really no longer call a "rival" due to the lopsidedness of the contests.

my blood pressure just shot through the roof.

we take down bama this year - as do 5 or 6 other teams.

my blood pressure just shot through the roof.

we take down bama this year - as do 5 or 6 other teams.

326132654440b4471b4e.jpg

I'm going to go with 9-3, but I really think 8-4. I do think offensive inexperience will hurt them, especially along the OLine. But there defense will win them enough games, so 9-3 sounds about right.

Actually, upon further review (although I already voted) 10-2 seems more reasonable to me than 8-4. Just looking at how the schedule might play out. Either way I'll stick to 9-3.

Upset by Arkansas and losses to LSU and Auburn. Thousands of Bamers throw themselves off various bridges in Alabama. Saban counts cash.

Not having a QB sucks as LSU found out last year...

8-4. Defense will win plenty of games, but offense will lose their fair share as well. I think Saban is overrated as a coach - but let me clarify that. Saban is a great college coach and specializes in picking up a sleeping giant and making it respectable, but I have never seen Saban utilize his team to its full capacity. Just when it seemed he would get over that hump with Bama, he really dropped the ball in my eyes.

8-4. Defense will win plenty of games, but offense will lose their fair share as well. I think Saban is overrated as a coach - but let me clarify that. Saban is a great college coach and specializes in picking up a sleeping giant and making it respectable, but I have never seen Saban utilize his team to its full capacity. Just when it seemed he would get over that hump with Bama, he really dropped the ball in my eyes.

Well, to be fair, it wasn't Saban's fault. I say this because Saban himself has said it. First he said it was the fans fault they lost to Utah, because they didn't care enough, and at media days he blamed Andre Smith, since its not a coaches job to deal with adversity.

I went with 9-3. They lose to Ole Miss and LSU as they should and get upset by someone else that they should have beaten.

I voted for 8-4 due to all the change on the offensive side of the ball. Don't forget they lost there starting RB too. Ingram seems to be a pretty good back, but I'll have to wait and see how the new o-line performs. Go Hokies!

0-11 going into the Iron Bowl (Auburn also 0-11).

Iron Bowl ends regulation in a 0-0 tie.

Iron Bowl overtime just about to begin when a meteor crashes into the stadium.

:cheer:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom